PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
explorer button on mogul....

this weekend i was washing my truck when i accidentally got a couple of big drops on my mogul...now, my internet explorer on the top right hand corner is so sensitive, that even the cloth of my pocket will open the program. the button is still firm, but the programing is kinda sensitive. confusing i know, but what can i do??? honestly i dont think the drops of water affected it but then again im no expert! the guy at the sprint store has been helping me out a lot so i dont want to take it to bug him again, is there anything i can do myself to fix this?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict
Re: explorer button on mogul....

Well, I don't know about fixing the button itself. Doing that might require you to actually open your phone up and poke around. If you want to disable the button so it doesn't constantly open up I.E., you can go to Start --> Settings --> Buttons, then select Button 2. On "Assign a program" drop-down menu, find "<none>" (near the top) and hit "ok."

Of course, you will no longer be able to use the button, but at least I.E. won't open itself up all the time. If you ever get your phone wet, I hear a good thing to do right away is put it in a jar of dry rice for a few hours.

http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

Old 07-11-2008, 02:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor
Re: explorer button on mogul....

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhumanderelict View Post
Well, I don't know about fixing the button itself. Doing that might require you to actually open your phone up and poke around. If you want to disable the button so it doesn't constantly open up I.E., you can go to Start --> Settings --> Buttons, then select Button 2. On "Assign a program" drop-down menu, find "<none>" (near the top) and hit "ok."

Of course, you will no longer be able to use the button, but at least I.E. won't open itself up all the time. If you ever get your phone wet, I hear a good thing to do right away is put it in a jar of dry rice for a few hours.

http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

thanks, for the advice, went to sprint and was able to get a new one!!! this time, its not a refurb!!! ill use your advice next time this happends, hopefully it doesnt lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan