PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
S2U2... Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Hopefully it's something simple...

I just installed S2U2 to take the place of the regular locking system on my Mogul. Everything seems to work fine, until I get a text message. Instead of the phone staying locked, the message pops up just like normal, asking me if i want to reply. I can hit reply, and it will pull up messaging, without having to unlock the phone. I DON'T want to be able to bring up ANYTHING while the phone is locked, unless I tell it to do so.

Does anyone else have any experience with this, or have a way to fix the issue (without removing the displaying of messages)?
Old 06-08-2008, 02:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: S2U2... Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

well, if it idles for a little bit, it will just give you an icon showing how many unread text messages you have. i personally love being able to quickly reply, and then have S2U2 running underneath messaging, so it will pop up when i close text messages. the only fix i think would work is to find a reg edit to completely disable all text message notification pop-ups. then it would not pop up over S2U2, just a vibration/ring and a little icon.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: sprint

s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to s4n3_0n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredC01 View Post
Hopefully it's something simple...

I just installed S2U2 to take the place of the regular locking system on my Mogul. Everything seems to work fine, until I get a text message. Instead of the phone staying locked, the message pops up just like normal, asking me if i want to reply. I can hit reply, and it will pull up messaging, without having to unlock the phone. I DON'T want to be able to bring up ANYTHING while the phone is locked, unless I tell it to do so.

Does anyone else have any experience with this, or have a way to fix the issue (without removing the displaying of messages)?
go to settings/personal/sounds and notifications/notifications/new text message and uncheck the display message on screen and that will solve your problem
Old 06-08-2008, 03:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick aguas View Post
well, if it idles for a little bit, it will just give you an icon showing how many unread text messages you have. i personally love being able to quickly reply, and then have S2U2 running underneath messaging, so it will pop up when i close text messages. the only fix i think would work is to find a reg edit to completely disable all text message notification pop-ups. then it would not pop up over S2U2, just a vibration/ring and a little icon.
and no you dont need a hack to get the messages to stop poping up just do what i told him to do on the last post i put up
Old 06-08-2008, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Guess I didn't make it clear enough...

Quote:
(without removing the displaying of messages)
I could easily enough remove every popup message on the phone, but that's not what I want to do.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredC01 View Post
Guess I didn't make it clear enough...

I could easily enough remove every popup message on the phone, but that's not what I want to do.
then what exactly are you trying to do i might be able to help you out
Old 06-08-2008, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm trying to get S2U2 to stay locked when a popup comes on screen without having to turn notifications off.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

I don't think what you're asking is possible. From the S2U2 FAQ:

Q. When system notifications come in (e.g. SMS, email or alarm...), S2U2 will be unlocked with a black background?!
A. Yes, otherwise you will not be notified. But S2U2 will reappear after these notifications are dismissed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the update popdog... Damn FAQ's for the loss :-\

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan