PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need some help with Sprint...

Ok... I've had my Mogul for a while. I had a few 6700's before this. I've never really had an issue with the service. However, after all my raving about the phones, my two brothers bought them. One of them had major issues with Windows Media Player. It said there was "not enough memory" to play... then the phone kept freezing up and he'd have to soft reset it everytime he used it. He took it back to Sprint. They commented on the software he had on the phone, just S2U2, HHC, and TCMCP was about all he had on there. Oh... and MSVC. I gave him all of these. They told him it was a manufactuer's defect with the phone and told him they'd send him a new one. They sent him a refurbed. He has only had the phone 6 weeks, so called them back. They said it was his fault he put on the software. After explaining to him I had all those softwares, and then some, that it was not caused by the software, Sprint told him to call HTC. They said he had to handle it through sprint, but it clearly was a manuf. defect and he should settle for nothing less than a new phone. After over an hour on the phone with multiple Sprint CS reps, they won't do anything for him. Keep in mind, the refurb had chew marks on the stylus, scratches on the screen, and scratches on the corner. I recommended they call retentions. They have 6 phones on the plan and spend over $250/month with them. I thought that might help their case.

What do you guys recommend? They also have the TEP insurance, but think it's crazy to have to spend $50 to get it taken care of. Which Sprint might not even let them, since he "added the other software". What are other's recommendations? Any same situations? Ever have Sprint say that about adding sofware? What is the point with a PPC, if you don't add software? I told him he should've hard reset the phone before taking it in, so they wouldn't have seen the other software. Any advice is appreciated. I almost feel half to blame, since I gave him the software. But I have NEVER had any issues with other software I've added...

THANKS!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:17 PM
N00b

mafia2233 is a n00b
Re: Need some help with Sprint...

honestly man, i would just pay the 50 since thats what insurance is for. is hours on the phone and all this really worth it, perhaps but for 50 bucks, if sprint gives in, its a hopefully a new phone. otherwise i dont think the software is the problem, its just a way for sprint to make an excuse, its kind of like a car, anytime you do any after market things to the car like a new stereo, or headers, or engine work, and it breaks down, your waraantee can be relinqushed by the dealership. fight on man, you can eventually break them down
Old 06-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor

How about the retentions Dept? Anyone have the direct dial to that #?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sl8763 is keeping up the good worksl8763 is keeping up the good work

I thought that going through insurance always got you a refurb? At least that's how it was under Assurion and Verizon. If that's the case, he might as well keep harassing Sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan