PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint GPS fix verified 5 second locks!

This is for sprint users only:

Ok, so I want everyone to try this, I have tried it on a couple phones and am able to get AMAZING results every time. It was working great with any rom and when I flashed the 3.35 rom to and let customizations run to take my phone in for service it ruined it... So please try this as it appears to be directly related to the sprint customizations (you can flash to any ROM/radio after afaik).

1. Flash the 3.49 beta rom/radio.

2. LET CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN ON 3.49 this does not work if you do not let 3.49 customize your device.

3. Install google maps, test, you should be able to get AMAZING locks at this point. I get 5 second locks in my house with 8-9 satellites where it could never come close to locking before (and would show me in the middle of the ocean after a little bit in google maps - no longer have this problem at all).

4. Flash your ROM/radio of choice (I flashed 3.35 + radio just to get the radio back to a non-beta release without letting customizations run in fact I did not even go through the screen alignment process, and then flashed nuerom 5069, I have tested with nuerom 5060, 5067, 5069, and I assume it works with all ROMs - the trick is to not let 3.35 customize your device again I think it has to do with the PPST??).

5. Enjoy 5 second locks with lots of satellites!

I was running for a few weeks with these results before but was unsure of what exactly caused the change - I knew it had to do with the sprint customizations but it appears to have to do directly with 3.49 customizations.

The GPS now works beyond my wildest dreams. I really had no idea it could get anywhere near this good. I could barely get locks in my car before, now I get 5 second locks everywhere.

Last edited by holo; 06-04-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint GPS fix verified 5 second locks!

This has been this way for me since the 3.35 ROM.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
This has been this way for me since the 3.35 ROM.
Same with one of my friends (or at least that's what he says), me and a few other friends have been unable to duplicate it though, but we all get this type of reliability out of the GPS now... Also, 3.35 cutomizations ruined it for me, so for people having problems I think this is a working fix (or maybe even makes it better).

Last edited by holo; 06-04-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:01 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My phone came with the 3.5 ROM and my phone had the ability to do that from day 1, though I too did a hard reset and didn't run any customisations. From what I hear the best setting to use to get lockons in around 5 seconds is the assisted GPS mode, which utilises both GPS satellites and the mobile towers, which explains why the Titans GPS is so much faster than a unit from like Garmin or TomTom which can take upwards of a minute to lock on.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
My phone came with the 3.5 ROM and my phone had the ability to do that from day 1, though I too did a hard reset and didn't run any customisations. From what I hear the best setting to use to get lockons in around 5 seconds is the assisted GPS mode, which utilises both GPS satellites and the mobile towers, which explains why the Titans GPS is so much faster than a unit from like Garmin or TomTom which can take upwards of a minute to lock on.
right, I suspect something about 3.35 customizations disables assisted mode at least on some devices. 3.49 customizations definitely turn it on tho....
Old 06-04-2008, 02:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc-6700

magic504 is a n00b

i got great lock with tomtom 6
Old 06-04-2008, 02:14 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Then wouldn't it be easier to just run 3.49's customizations on 3.35?
________
Ebony Cam

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Then wouldn't it be easier to just run 3.49's customizations on 3.35?
dunno, I just posted exactly what I have done on a few phones and know this works perfectly.... it's worth a shot that way...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan