PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul HTC 6800
Carrier: CricKet

Limegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Funambol giving me problems

Ok so I downloaded this proggy 3 times and uninstalled it 2. I cant seem to get it to work for me. Its supposed to work everytime. But I cant get it to work once never mind all the time everytime. I feel like I have some settings wrong or something. Anyone using the black pill and trying to get funambol to work? Its a no go for me. wont connect to the server.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Funambol giving me problems

Need to share a bit more info than that. Are you running the Server? Are you hosting it on a Linux or Windows machine?
Or are you using their hosted service?

In case you're not sure how this is supposed to work, just installing the software on your phone does didly squat. You need a server to actually connect and sync to. Its sort of like having an exchange server, only free and open-source.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Limegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thats probably why its not working for me. I just installed the software. Wheres a good server to connect too? I just want to be able to use it anywhere. Can I set it up on my Windows machine and get push from anywhere? This is totally new to me.

Last edited by Limegrntaln; 04-30-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Lurker

fabricapo is a n00b

Hello,
easiest thing to do is signing up at http://my.funambol.com. It is a free service.

fabrizio
Old 05-02-2008, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricapo View Post
Hello,
easiest thing to do is signing up at http://my.funambol.com. It is a free service.

fabrizio

This is what I have setup and its still not pushing email to my phone. I had to uninstall it again because its keeping the internet on all the time, which I dont mind as long as its doing something. But when its not working its not worth it eating my battery like it is.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

FABRIZIO!
welcome to the forum!
Holy cow, people, this is the "big man" over at funambol!

Anyway, yes, Limegrntaln, the way Push works is your device waits for a signal from a server to sync new messages. The mail providers generally won't do this on their own, at least not without an additional fee for the service.
This is why when WM5 first offered push, it would only work if you had an exchange server running at a provider host or in an office environment pushing to your device.
The blackberries work this way as well, and requires a subscription to a blackberry server.
The nice thing about funambol is that it is not proprietary, and its open so you can set it up yourself instead of paying for a BB or Exchange license.

my.funambol.com is a free hosted server brought to you by the good folks at funambol in case you're not into setting up your own server.

Its still officially in beta, but works pretty well.
Only really annoying catch I've found so far is that it doesn't support html emails in WM6.1, rather it goes back to the text-only format Windows Mobile always used until now.

Did I get that about right, Fabrizio?

Also, Limegrntaln, as far as battery goes, it keeps a very minimal connection open, in fact I find my phone lasts longer than I remember it doing with Exchange push, but I haven't done any conclusive tests yet.
I do know that my Mogul lasted about 2 days off the charger which is something I don't recall being able to do before.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

First off I would like to thank Mr. Fabrizio for making his first post over here at PPC geeks and it being a response to one of my posts, thank you Fabrizio.

Dishe I am setup at my.funambol.com, everything is setup and I am still not getting push email to my phone. I figured something wasn't going to work for me when I clicked send text for setup and I never got the SMS message. I tried it 4 times. I'm going to go back and look at my account again and verify that everything is correct. Although I know I looked at it 2-3 times already. I'm sure its an awesome service. I almost think Cricket might be blocking something from working for me. Although I talked to Vetvito and his seems to work fine.

Going back to try it again. I will post an update as soon as I try it again. Thanks Dishe and Fabrizio.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

^ Us Cricket users have to sign up under Verizon. I will post the link with full instructions. Also, your email provider has to allow pop3, yahoo charges for this, gmail is free.

**Edit**
Here: http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...light=funambol

just use PPC app

Last edited by vetvito; 05-02-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetvito View Post
^ Us Cricket users have to sign up under Verizon. I will post the link with full instructions. Also, your email provider has to allow pop3, yahoo charges for this, gmail is free.

**Edit**
Here: http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...light=funambol

just use PPC app
I read that thread a few days ago. I even posted to it. I just set up the account info again. Now when I set up my account at funambol. I selected "gmail" from the pulldown menu, you are saying I have to have pop3 enabeled? Which I have pop3 and IMAP enabeled through gmail, but in the funambol settings instead of going with the default "gmail" setup, in which the settings are auto configured for IMAP, should I just go to the drop down menu and select pop3 and fill in the gmail settings?

I did however have it setup to push rather then to sync every 15 minutes. So I changed that, we will see how it goes. I would like the email instantly. which is what I keep waiting for to happen.

Last edited by Limegrntaln; 05-02-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

davidgelb is just getting started

Hey everyone,
I am set up on Funambol and it seems to sync from my phone to the server with no problems. When it starts the server to phone sync, though, I get a Funambol alert that says "Low storage memory. Synchronization stopped."

Any idea why that is happening? I still show 90mb free in Storage and 11mb free in program, so that doesn't seem to be the culprit.

Thank you for any help!

-David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan