PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 01:51 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Request For Non Native Vzw Device Activation Form

This is for all of you having trouble getting a mogul, ppc6700, ppc6900 on VZW. First call tech support and ask them to add the esn (do not mention form) should that fail here is your recourse. 90% of tech support doesn't even know this form or DEC exists and nearly all of corporate store employees. This will take a min of 3 weeks but you can use your device on vzw. Official open network isn't here for a few more months but you can get in early as this is the procedure for open network and the DEC is up and running and accepting devices. **Unfortunately this is and will be the policy for open network :P **

Prep checklist for best chance of success.

1. make sure you have the phone msl/spc unlocked and set to 000000 they will not pass a phone at DEC that won't OTA program and msl set to 000000 is mandatory for OTA so save them the trouble of having to try to do it or failing to reset it.

2. make sure your phone is flashed to the official vzw rom, ext rom, and radio

3. load a vzw prl/eri on phone (eri may fail)

4. edit MIP settings to vzw and load dmu key

Reference here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...174#post202174

If you follow the prep list the only difference in your phone and a true vzw one will be the housing/carrier badge and all they will have to do is hook up the phone do a ota provisioning test, e-911 test, and data authentication (this is optional) as open network will only provide voice and sms and will not provide data, mms, or mobile web/tv support.

Print form and head to a local corp store or auth agent fill out form and ship phone with shipping ins of course.

**Don't forget the thanks buton**

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 05-20-2008 at 01:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Lurker

evade is a n00b
Re: Request For Non Native Vzw Device Activation Form

I flashed my Alltel Vogue with Coke 0.41 bootloader the 1.5.9 radio from the Bell rom, VZW boot splashes and dumped vzw rom. I then upladed the service programing from my current mogul with qpst and put a 10.key from my deactivated KRZR on it.

I brought it to a corporate store, filled the form out with a cs rep and sent it off to TX. They recieved it today and called me to verify my address so they could ship it back to me. They wouldn't say what the result of the testing was, just that I would recieve a letter.

That is a lot quicker than three weeks. Is this a good sign or a bad sign?

Last edited by evade; 06-09-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Lurker

evade is a n00b

It was a bad sign. I got a rejection letter because:

"Make/Model is not on our Handset Lock Settlement Approved Device List"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:11 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Ouch!! I've only have personally known people to send in 6700's which they have been approved that is the 1st feedback I've heard on a 6800 or 6900 either way.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 AM
sko
Lurker
Pocket PC: i760 & Touch
Carrier: VZW

sko is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to sko

What would be the best rom/radio etc to use for a sprint 6900? I was thinking about using .40 coke unlocker with a dumped vzw rom
Old 06-13-2008, 03:22 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sko View Post
What would be the best rom/radio etc to use for a sprint 6900? I was thinking about using .40 coke unlocker with a dumped vzw rom
Use the .41 unlocker if you want the dumped stock rom.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:34 AM
Lurker

shooter is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to shooter

can yu show me step by step hw to do that...
Old 09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Lurker

bookier23523 is a n00b

where did you guys send your devices -- I sent my Nokia 6275i from Cricket out to "Verizon Wireless -- Device Evaluation Center, 2412 Northeast Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76106" and I never got it back

It's a new breed logistics location and if you have the same problem, try contacting the supervisor there at his email of rwelch@newbreed.com (Robert) though it hasn't helped me one iota (none of the *******s there respond at all)
Old 05-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Napoleon
Carrier: Verizon

wnrussell is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to wnrussell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookier23523 View Post
where did you guys send your devices -- I sent my Nokia 6275i from Cricket out to "Verizon Wireless -- Device Evaluation Center, 2412 Northeast Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76106" and I never got it back.
Here is why: Their $20,000,000 Device Evaluation Center was a failure. Here was the press release on it in 2007 http://news.vzw.com/news/2007/11/pr2007-11-27.html

Last edited by wnrussell; 05-23-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: verizon

eatbuckshot is just getting started

Hmm I've just been talking with a tier 3 CSR, finally found the non-verizon form after not finding anything for days, I just got a sprint 6800 that I'm trying to port over. The CSR called up the verizon store and said I'll be coming in with the phone to go through that form.
Though I think I should revert everything back first..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan