PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

latinsbest is keeping up the good worklatinsbest is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool PPC 6800 Vmail - Unread messages always 1

I have searched this forum and I found it difficult to find this topic. Actually I tried finding it a second time and could not find it. So for this I am creating a thread a bit more easy to find as the Title pin points this subject. I would like to know if there is a program or Reg Tweak that would allow the ppc 6800 to read the ammount of unread voice messages. Right now I have 5 + plus unread voicemails and yet my Mogul remains saying I have 1 unread message.

I found (on another forum) where to actually change this "manually" but that does not help. I tried to find what program or reg key trigers this particular reg key.

Here is the key that I was talking about

HKCU_System_State__Messages_Vmail

Line 1_Unread - Count key (Changes the value of the pop up)
Total_Unread - Count Key (Changes the value seen on your Today Screen)

I would like to know what (program or reg key) controls these two keys, maybe that would be what we need to change so these keys can update (automatically) everytime you get a voicemail.

Please let me know if there is anything out there. As I have read elsewhere I have the impression that this ROM (Original wm6.0 - 3.35) is missing some vital (programs or keys) software in order for this voicemail reg file to work properly.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor
Re: PPC 6800 Vmail - Unread messages always 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinsbest View Post
I have searched this forum and I found it difficult to find this topic. Actually I tried finding it a second time and could not find it. So for this I am creating a thread a bit more easy to find as the Title pin points this subject. I would like to know if there is a program or Reg Tweak that would allow the ppc 6800 to read the ammount of unread voice messages. Right now I have 5 + plus unread voicemails and yet my Mogul remains saying I have 1 unread message.

I found (on another forum) where to actually change this "manually" but that does not help. I tried to find what program or reg key trigers this particular reg key.

Here is the key that I was talking about

HKCU_System_State__Messages_Vmail

Line 1_Unread - Count key (Changes the value of the pop up)
Total_Unread - Count Key (Changes the value seen on your Today Screen)

I would like to know what (program or reg key) controls these two keys, maybe that would be what we need to change so these keys can update (automatically) everytime you get a voicemail.

Please let me know if there is anything out there. As I have read elsewhere I have the impression that this ROM (Original wm6.0 - 3.35) is missing some vital (programs or keys) software in order for this voicemail reg file to work properly.
It's a limitation on the Sprint side of things... a known issue. See thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24304) for updates, apparently Sprint is rolling out the fix for this market by market (starting with the East coast). The fix will require no install or fix on our side, Sprint will just start accurately sending down unread voicemail counts as they convert to their new voicemail system.

As far as I know (and having searched this myself), there is no way to fix this until Sprint starts sending down good data. I'm still waiting for the fix in Chicago, I hope they hurry!

Last edited by auto_exec; 04-22-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Threadstarter

latinsbest is keeping up the good worklatinsbest is keeping up the good work

Thank You for your quick reply!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Lurker

tniice is a n00b

I have the HTC touch for sprint and noticed 2 days ago that my phone said i had 2 voice mail messages...

P.S. im on the east coast

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan