PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pocket player 3 - Media player - awesome today plugin

So, I've spent the last 2-3 days looking for a media player that has a good today plugin.. HTC home spoiled me in that regard, but I don't use it anymore, and it seems as though nobody has been able to extract just the media tab from it (correct me if I'm wrong and I'll save some money!!)

The fruits of my search? I stumbled on to this little gem today.

http://www.conduits.com/products/player/default.asp

So far, I really dig it. It's got a nice feel to it, very userfriendly, skinnable, etc... Best of all, it's got an awesome today plugin, and it's not super memory hungry (According to the HTC memory manager, it takes about 3-5% of your available memory)...

Here are some screen shots:

From what I've found so far, here are some pros and cons:

Pros:
Today plugin. This trumps any today plugin I've found for WMP or HTC Audio (feel free to correct me if there's a good one)

I love the directory structure.. very simple navigation of your music.

Bluetooth hasn't skipped or paused once... WMP skips incessantly for me.

Fairly easy on the memory.

Cons:

It's not free!

For some reason, can't minimize by using End key or Ok key, like most programs (this was working. I might have messed it up with the WMP plugin)

Task manager doesn't fully close program because of "alert" screen. (I'm sure this can be disabled)

Small buttons make one handed operation hard (only really should be a major issue on first setup.. IE shuffle/repeat buttons)

To set up Bluetooth AVRCP functionality you need an easy mod... Copy the attached plugin (just the DLL, unzip it first!!!) into the root folder of PP3, and then do the following:

1. Click menu/more/options, then navigate to the plugins directory.

2. Click "conduits WM plugin adapter" and then click configure on the pop-up menu

3. under load WMP plugins, make sure there's a check in the box labeled "Play/pause workaround" under each of the headings.

4. Click ok, exit PP3 and restart, and your bluetooth controls should work flawlessly.

(thanks to the XDA-wiki for this solution)
Attached Files
File Type: zip gen_wmhost.zip (70.5 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff
Re: Pocket player 3 - Media player - awesome today plugin

this seems like a real winner.. how does it handle video for you? maybe a replacement for TCPMP?
Old 04-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
this seems like a real winner.. how does it handle video for you? maybe a replacement for TCPMP?

It does fine with WMV files, but I can't seem to find any codec support.

I'm emailing their support to find out if there's any way to get divx working.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

if this works, i'll probably even buy it

Old 04-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Looks fantastic!

How's the video playback quality? I could use a new media player...
Old 04-22-2008, 02:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Got an email back from their tech support.. They don't currently support any of the major video codecs (which is weird, because they have a couple audio codecs i've never heard of), but according to the girl who emailed me, they plan to release codec support in a future version.

In short, it's a great audio player, but it's lacking in video support.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I think I'll hold off until they fix video support. I might work on making a vista skin in the meantime... lol

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I think I'll hold off until they fix video support. I might work on making a vista skin in the meantime... lol

Thanks!
I basically feel the same way... I'm not paying 20 bucks for it given the lack of video support.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have been using Conduits Pocket Player since like June and it is far and away the best media player IMO. I dont watch much video so I can speak to that but for audio the EQ is awesome and the features are great.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Nice player, seems to be better than Pocket Music which i use.

Does the today plug actually work, on PM you click it and it just started the player program and doesnt just start playing music?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan