PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 03:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

RCTOUCH is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Mogul memory management

Just wanted to find out how much memory (ROM) everyone with a mogul has with all programs closed and how long do you use IE before getting that dreaded "out of memory/close one or more of the following applications" messages.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:30 AM
N00b

Bobby Budnick is just getting started
Re: Mogul memory management

Try Netfront with simple browsing settings. I used to post my exact settings but I have had to repeat myself so much I don't bother anymore. I can open the maximum of 5 tabs in Netfront with IM+ running and do not run out of memory. IE is the worst mobile browser ever.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/6800

thakidc is keeping up the good workthakidc is keeping up the good work

I too use netfront works great. I have about 12-14 mb free(RAM) with no apps running but i have never have had the message to clase apps
Old 04-12-2008, 10:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Threadstarter

RCTOUCH is just getting started

even with cookies disabled and with me constantly clearing the cache, i still run out of memory. it gets worse (less than 5 mins of browsing time) if i visit google videos or youtube. i have about 20 megs on idle. i have windows vista installed with current stock rom. why does IE use so much memory?. besides netfront, how are the other browsers??
Old 04-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTOUCH View Post
even with cookies disabled and with me constantly clearing the cache, i still run out of memory. it gets worse (less than 5 mins of browsing time) if i visit google videos or youtube. i have about 20 megs on idle. i have windows vista installed with current stock rom. why does IE use so much memory?. besides netfront, how are the other browsers??
i like using opera mini 4. (and 4.1 beta). im using the 3.35 sprint rom. ill start with 23mb of ram after a soft-reset, and with opera mini going, it goes down to about 16-17mb. i never had an "out of memory" situation using opera mini. seems to work best for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan