PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

shura1980 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS for Mogul

Hey I am new to this tech stuff. I was looking for a HTC Mogul with Sprint. While searching on Ebay i noticed that some sellers said they their phone has GPS unlocked. What does that mean? And how do I do that to the one I just purchased? Thanks guys I know it sound dump but I just don't know yet.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 by HTC

eXplicit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to eXplicit
Re: GPS for Mogul

It means they updated to the newest ROM that enables the internal GPS receiver. Nothing special. It's free, and takes a couple minutes. A 5 year old could do it.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:23 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: GPS for Mogul

just go to the htc website and download the newest ROM thats all
Old 04-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wink Re: GPS for Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by shura1980 View Post
Hey I am new to this tech stuff. I was looking for a HTC Mogul with Sprint. While searching on Ebay i noticed that some sellers said they their phone has GPS unlocked. What does that mean? And how do I do that to the one I just purchased? Thanks guys I know it sound dump but I just don't know yet.
go to the sprint site here http://www.sprint.com/downlad then select Windows Mobile (CE) from the drop-down menu. then choose the "Mogul by HTC software Update" download link.

After the download is complete, connect your mogul to the computer (make sure you sync it with your computer, since it will erase all of the info and software you added on the phone,) and double-click the downloaded file. follow the on-screen instructions. very straight forward.

Good luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan