PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro II/ Sprint 6800/ Sprint 6700
Carrier: Sprint

Silent Assasin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Incompatible software?

When I received my Mogul I was able to tinker with it and install FTouchFlo V4 and FTouchFlo Config. I also had PocketCM working. After receiving my 4 Gig Micro SD card I was ready to set my phone up. I did a hard reset to remove any items from the registry that was not removed by Add/Remove. I manually performed the following hacks using total commander: Unlock Phone, Videorecording enhance, Battery hack and VideoMPEG Hack. I was able to remove all of the Sprintware other than Telenav and Music. (Which I'm still trying to remove).

I have the following programs: Macromedia Flash player 7, NoChem 6800 battery Driver, Skunkworks FlashVideo Bundle, Sling Mobile, HTC HTC Home, Emunutz HTC Home cutomizer, JUVS HTC Album, TCMP, Mindsoft Pocket Cleaner, Music ID, MobiTV, Hitchhiker, total commander, AcbPowerMeter, WIFIFoFum, live Maps amnd google Maps.

Is it possible that a HTC program is interfering with installl. I install both folders and then soft reset. I then get prompted that FTouchFlo is running. I then go into the configure folder and check settings. I then try top activate tby swiping from down to up and nothing. I have tried to change the settings to up to down and no luck. I also cannot get PocketCM to activate when I select contacts. I have not installed PocketCM since another hard reset. Any Help would be appreciated with the latest FTouchFlo
Old 04-07-2008, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work
Re: Incompatible software?

dont know if this is your actual problem.. but the touchflo to me is hard as hell to get to activate with a finger as well as a stylus,, sometimes I have to fiddle with it through 3 to 10 swipes to get it to come up properly,,, kind of sucks when your trying to show it off to ya homies... and you just keep running your finger up and down screaming hold on the dang thing will come up i promise... lol
Old 04-07-2008, 10:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell Mobility

nuelo is just getting started
Re: Incompatible software?

Sounds like a classic case of left over junk in the registry trunk! A lot of the programs you mentioned are home made and not necessarily compatible with each other. It is also likely that the uninstaller doesn't remove everything after uninstalling or even after rebooting.

You might want to consider installing a registry editor: http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
Use it to search and remove entries of the software you just uninstalled via Add/Remove Software. Then reboot and go back into PHM and confirm everything is gone. Also, you need to go through the \Windows folder and \Program Files folder and remove any left overs of whatever it is you are trying to remove (do not attempt editing the registry unless you know what you are doing. Just because the key has the same name doesn't necessarily mean it belonged to that program - BE WARNED).

Only when you are certain there are no more files left around, should you attempt a re-install. Hope this helps.
Radio Version: 3.42.50
SPL: nueSPL 2.47
"To copy ideas from one person is plagiarism. To copy ideas from many people is research."

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan