PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(VZN)
Carrier: Verizon

russianmafioso is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Total Effing Noob HELP.

Okay, so i got my phone on wednesday.... i got it because ive seen all these awesome upgrades and flashes i can do on it in comparison with the SMT5800 and the fact that its got wifi and a touch screen.

That all aside i have a few simple questions....

What are the first steps i need to take in order to get this stuff flashed to 6.1 and with the most upto date ROM?

I have an 8GB card on its way from newegg due monday but i know i need the update, how do i install it? do i throw it onto the card and then have the phone open it? how does that driver work? Is this process similar to all other programs i will need in order to get cool stuff on it?

Ive seen some starter guides, but they all are vague and make me scared that im REALLLY GONNA MESS IT UP BAD.

Im a PC enthusiast and i know how easily you can mess up a PC so i assume the same goes for phones.

I also want to backup my data, how can i do this before i flash? Also... another question i have is whether i can some sort of failsafe so i don't brick my phone by being a noob.

Anyone in San Diego wanna help a brother out?
Old 04-05-2008, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(VZN)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

russianmafioso is a n00b
Re: Total Effing Noob HELP.

ALso, i forgot to mention... how do i SEND stuff via Blue tooth? i know how to receive but how do i SEND?
Old 04-06-2008, 12:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

well, unfortunately, there is no easy answer, I myself have been wading through all the info, search is your best friend, and read all the stickies and how-to's. I could try to tell you what to do, but I may miss a step and cause you to brick your phone.

and also, just to be sure, you know about the upgrades sub forum right?
Old 04-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

right, read the stickies in the Titan upgrades forum.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:39 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

1) What are the first steps i need to take in order to get this stuff flashed to 6.1 and with the most upto date ROM?

i would suggest not flashing to an unofficial rom if u don't know what u are doing..there is a failsafe for flashing to custom roms and its called a hard spl. look int the titan upgrade forum for it. that being said, here is a ink to the newest official rom. just dl it...run it on ur computer with an actve activesync connection and it will guide u through it.
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/RUU/RUU_...CS_AM_Ship.exe

2) I have an 8GB card on its way from newegg due monday but i know i need the update, how do i install it? do i throw it onto the card and then have the phone open it? how does that driver work? Is this process similar to all other programs i will need in order to get cool stuff on it?

if u upgrade to the newest official rom, it has sdhc support built in. otherwise here is a link to the drivers.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1194986892

3)I also want to backup my data, how can i do this before i flash?
The file i linked here is probably ur best bet for backing up personal data...just dl it...place the exe anywhere on ur phone and run it and it will guide u through the backup process.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1200914604

Aso if u ever need any help with anything about ur titan feel free to pm me, id be glad to help!
hope this gave u some better direction,
dwizzy130

Old 04-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Lurker

bassett is a n00b

I am an infrequent poster but obsessive reader of this forum. My recommendation is to sit back and enjoy your Mogul for a few weeks, especially if this is your first WM based phone. Much of what is posted here will make more sense. In the meantime, follow these three three pieces of advice: read, read, read. Part of the adventure in flashing is learning, failing, and learning some more.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan