PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc-mogul
Carrier: rog

kupo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone else us stream music to their mogul?

I have a music server that will pass m3u playlists to my phone which I'll play through TCPMP, only problem is that I'd like to conserve battery life while I do this. I've enabled a registery setting :
HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\control\power\state\ unattended
WAV1: =dword:00000000
Flags = dword:00400000

in the hopes of powering off the phone while still streaming music via the data connection. This reg tweak half works but every 10-15 seconds I'll get a blip in the stream. When the phone is powered on normally it streams flawlessly.

Can anyone shed some light?
Old 04-04-2008, 04:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Hoof is becoming a great contributor
Re: Does anyone else us stream music to their mogul?

Y yes I do us stream music to my mogul

late,
Hoof
Old 04-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

I stream radio stations at work all the time, www.thestreamcenter.com works great on the mogul.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 04-04-2008, 08:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: AT&T Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

jgzesh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jgzesh Send a message via MSN to jgzesh Send a message via Yahoo to jgzesh

I had a similar problem and it was recommended to me by Coz to use GSPlayer. It works with .M3U's. I had to switch from a .ASX to that when i tried it. The nice thing is that it can turn off the screen while streaming.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use www.thestreamcenter.com and www.shoutcast.com. TCPMP works pretty well. I used GSPlayer but I haven't reinstalled it since I did my last hard reset.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

http://www.kplaylist.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2149

Here is a link to a forum of the program i use on the computer side of streaming. It kinda describes the setup. It is slightly out of date but should help some people i would think.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc-mogul
Carrier: rog
Threadstarter

kupo is a n00b

Wow I didn't realize so many people used it for the same purpose, I hook mine up to the car stereo as I drive and listen to my music collection. I guess I should elaborate my setup a little more so everyone could learn from it. I run a linux box at home, which is running a streamserver called edna (http://edna.sourceforge.net/)
It will roll through your music folders and generate m3u's on the fly. I set this as my home page in my browser. I guess I'll give one of your alternative players a shot and see if that cures it, easiest way to troubleshoot methinks.
No one else has had to tweak their reg to get the phone to continue streaming audio while in hibernate mode?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I used Orb for quite some time which worked extremely well for me, and required drastically less setup than I've seen mentioned here. That said, since I got my Zune it's gone pretty unused.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700

djheir is keeping up the good workdjheir is keeping up the good work

I use Orb. I also use thestreamcenter when I want to listen to a station that's staticy on the radio. Live365 has a mobile player but you have to be a premium member to access it (doesn't cost much though).
Old 04-04-2008, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupo View Post
Wow I didn't realize so many people used it for the same purpose, I hook mine up to the car stereo as I drive and listen to my music collection. I guess I should elaborate my setup a little more so everyone could learn from it. I run a linux box at home, which is running a streamserver called edna (http://edna.sourceforge.net/)
It will roll through your music folders and generate m3u's on the fly. I set this as my home page in my browser. I guess I'll give one of your alternative players a shot and see if that cures it, easiest way to troubleshoot methinks.
No one else has had to tweak their reg to get the phone to continue streaming audio while in hibernate mode?
I had a hard time finding people that do this also. Looks like we might be starting to come out of the wood work. Anyways no i havent had that problem but then again i leave my phone charging when i am playing music. Basically my setup is a webpage that is php that has access to my music. I also have made m3u's of my music and just let the program "pocketplayer" load them into its library. That way i can have a finger friendly list of my music. Its kinda like pocketcm for your contacts, you can just throw the list around. And then of course the most important part is the hookup to my headunit in my car. I use A2dp bluetooth and it sounds perfect!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan