PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NighthawkIX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Samsung Instinct this June

So, Spring announced the new Samsung Instinct (Evdo Rev A) touchscreen phone. Anyone know of the tech specs on this thing? I've been looking and can't find any. I'm wondering if it's worth replacing my mogul, I've gotten quite fond of the vast amount of customizability with WM6 devices, but the Instinct does looks sleek... and maybe it'll be as fast as the iPhone, because one thing I can't stand is the slow speeds my Mogul sometimes hits due to RAM bog (and I'm using VetVito's Aero with MemMaid or Oxio's)...

Thoughts? Opinions?
Old 04-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: New Samsung Instinct this June

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22968
Old 04-03-2008, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

get a touch

Old 04-03-2008, 03:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

get a life and stop making these duplicate threads without searching first

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkIX View Post
So, Spring announced the new Samsung Instinct (Evdo Rev A) touchscreen phone. Anyone know of the tech specs on this thing? I've been looking and can't find any. I'm wondering if it's worth replacing my mogul, I've gotten quite fond of the vast amount of customizability with WM6 devices, but the Instinct does looks sleek... and maybe it'll be as fast as the iPhone, because one thing I can't stand is the slow speeds my Mogul sometimes hits due to RAM bog (and I'm using VetVito's Aero with MemMaid or Oxio's)...

Thoughts? Opinions?
Yeah, I've got a thought/opinion.

The Instinct has lots of cool features, but I'm fairly sure it isn't a "true" smartphone.

I hate it that the term has been so bastardized lately. Once upon a time, there were standard "feature" phones, and then there were "smart" phones. Smartphones really just meant that they ran an Operating system like a computing platform, which would allow third party applications to be developed and installed. Examples are Palm Treos, HTC's entire lineup, Nokia's Symbian phones and the upcoming Google Android.
Smartphones are great because you can keep teaching them new tricks as times change. Don't like the web browser? Get a new one! Want the media player to play your Ogg vorbis files? No problem, run a different media player!

The Instinct is NOT a "true" smartphone since as far as I can tell, its just running some proprietary Samsung interface. Its not Windows Mobile or Linux or Palm or Symbian or any other system capable of expanding. Its just a standard feature phone with some high end features.

If you like playing inside the manufacturer's proverbial sandbox, then maybe its for you.
Otherwise, I think most of us are on this forum because we love the power and versatility of Windows Mobile. So, I doubt you'll get a lot of positive opinions about this device from these folks!
Old 04-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

*sigh* another thread about this.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The old thread got moved and closed. I don't expect this one to last long.

Also, dishe, I agree with you. Touchscreens and web browsers do not a smartphone make.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
The old thread got moved and closed. I don't expect this one to last long.

Also, dishe, I agree with you. Touchscreens and web browsers do not a smartphone make.
True dat. In fact, some of my personal favorite smartphones did not even have touchscreens...
Old 04-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Everyone settle down...it's being discussed in the Off Topic Forum.

Instinct

I'm closing this bad boy down.

Thanks for your understanding and be sure to vote.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan