PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

dood56 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need some help with new phone

I just got my Mogul about a week ago and I am ready to start upgrading it. However, I don't feel comfortable flashing to a new ROM because I am just not that comupter savvy. I saw on several threads that a good app to put on is HTC Home Today, but does this require a custom ROM? Also, I am not sure where to find it. Additionally, I saw someone recommend Skyfire, but is it better than Explorer? Do I have to remove Explorer when I put it on? I know alot of this is personal preferences, but these are two apps that seem cool. I really love the phone, but I just need some help making it a little better. I appreciate any help anyone can provide.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Need some help with new phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood56 View Post
I just got my Mogul about a week ago and I am ready to start upgrading it. However, I don't feel comfortable flashing to a new ROM because I am just not that comupter savvy. I saw on several threads that a good app to put on is HTC Home Today, but does this require a custom ROM? Also, I am not sure where to find it. Additionally, I saw someone recommend Skyfire, but is it better than Explorer? Do I have to remove Explorer when I put it on? I know alot of this is personal preferences, but these are two apps that seem cool. I really love the phone, but I just need some help making it a little better. I appreciate any help anyone can provide.
well since youre new here, start by visiting the mogul section and reading the stickies and how to's, alot of your questions will be answered there,

to give you a jump start, htc home is just a program and does not require a custom rom. Skyfire is a program also, and the beauty of it is, you can install any programs you want, and they will have nothing to do with whats on your phone already, i have opera, skyfire, and internet explorer. I use all of them, skyfire the most.

the mogul section can be found by clicking the mogul in the row of the phones at the top of this site.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

htc home is easy to install no custom rom required! If you want it hit me up on yahoo messenger or send me a private message and i will e-mail it to you. All you do is install the cab to your device, reset, enjoy!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Install HTC Home first, then HHC after you soft reset. It will allow you to customize the HTC Home plugin.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC.Home.v2.1.zip (1.37 MB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip HHCv10Final.zip (2.67 MB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dood56 is a n00b

I just got the HTC Home plugin on my phone and now I am straight pimpin! It looks amazing!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Download the HHC app (two posts up) and watch it go from straight pimpin to off the hook!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

Unfortunately, Skyfire is only available to those who signed up for it, since it's a beta program still being tested/developed. I signed up months ago and I still haven't got it! LOL Welcome to PPCgeeks!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Don't discount flashing to a new ROM if yours didn't come with the newest one. Flashing to the latest official ROM is easy and will give you GPS and faster data if you don't already have it.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dood56 is a n00b

I do have HHC and also the latest ROM. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. I just am not savvy enough to roll with a custom ROM. I am now looking into possibly loading Ultimate Launcher on to my phone. Doing the research now on what it exactly does. That is a bummer about Skyfire.....looks cool.

Last edited by dood56; 04-03-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I didn't say a custom ROM. I said the newest official ROM. No unlocking necessary. You just plug in your phone, run a program, and follow the instructions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan