PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2008, 09:21 PM
lucky644's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 35
Reputation: 0
lucky644 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Switching between landscape and portrait slowdowns

Stupid question but....is there any freakin' way to speed up the process? It's awfully slow when switching between them.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2008, 09:41 PM
JDM_SOHC's Avatar
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT
Location: M-I-YAYO
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,003
Reputation: 1715
JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: Switching between landscape and portrait slowdowns

do u have any programs running when u try that..?? i've noticed whenever i do an oxios clean, a lot of things tend to work a lil faster... "s2u2, slider screen change, phone calls show up quicker"...
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2008, 09:41 PM
lucky644's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 35
Reputation: 0
lucky644 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Switching between landscape and portrait slowdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
do u have any programs running when u try that..?? i've noticed whenever i do an oxios clean, a lot of things tend to work a lil faster... "s2u2, slider screen change, phone calls show up quicker"...
Fresh soft restart, nothing running, I have no extra programs except spb weather.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2008, 01:38 AM
midiology's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket
Location: Arkansas
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 184
Reputation: 101
midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Switching between landscape and portrait slowdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky644 View Post
Stupid question but....is there any freakin' way to speed up the process? It's awfully slow when switching between them.
if you are running one of the earlier oem roms, you could go into the registry using phm or resco registry editor...go to hkey_local_machine\system\gdi\glyphcache and look for the dword limit,,, change the dec value to 8096, that increases some of the vectoring cache for characters and whatnot..,
I wouldnt go past that though,, above that it eats more precious memory, and really doesnt give any more performance,,,
mine was at 6144, i changed it to 8096 and it seemed to help with the landscape/portrait switch

not sure about it though if your running a newer or cooked rom,, most of them Ive ran across have already had this done...

just be sure to look first,, and see what its setting at,, and make sure you back up your registry key before doing this,,,
just in case...
__________________
Pay the Cost to Be the Boss,, The Game is to Be Sold not to be Told
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2008, 02:17 AM
lucky644's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 35
Reputation: 0
lucky644 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Switching between landscape and portrait slowdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiology View Post
if you are running one of the earlier oem roms, you could go into the registry using phm or resco registry editor...go to hkey_local_machine\system\gdi\glyphcache and look for the dword limit,,, change the dec value to 8096, that increases some of the vectoring cache for characters and whatnot..,
I wouldnt go past that though,, above that it eats more precious memory, and really doesnt give any more performance,,,
mine was at 6144, i changed it to 8096 and it seemed to help with the landscape/portrait switch

not sure about it though if your running a newer or cooked rom,, most of them Ive ran across have already had this done...

just be sure to look first,, and see what its setting at,, and make sure you back up your registry key before doing this,,,
just in case...
I'm on the latest official Sprint rom.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2008, 10:34 AM
midiology's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket
Location: Arkansas
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 184
Reputation: 101
midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Switching between landscape and portrait slowdowns

even on the official rom I would still go in and check,, I think mine showed 6000 something,, so I changed it to 8096 and it helped...
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2008, 03:14 AM
lucky644's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 35
Reputation: 0
lucky644 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Switching between landscape and portrait slowdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiology View Post
even on the official rom I would still go in and check,, I think mine showed 6000 something,, so I changed it to 8096 and it helped...

I had a look, mine is already set to 8192 (DEC value)
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2008, 10:27 PM
lucky644's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 35
Reputation: 0
lucky644 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Switching between landscape and portrait slowdowns

To the guy who said 'learn to say thank you'

I would, except that my problem wasn't resolved. That reminds me of people who expect tips whether they deserve them or not.

It's still way slower than I'd expect when switching, even on a fresh install of WM.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2008, 08:06 PM
s4n3_0n3's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: sprint
Location: corona california
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 687
Reputation: 665
s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to s4n3_0n3
Re: Switching between landscape and portrait slowdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky644 View Post
To the guy who said 'learn to say thank you'

I would, except that my problem wasn't resolved. That reminds me of people who expect tips whether they deserve them or not.

It's still way slower than I'd expect when switching, even on a fresh install of WM.
try this

hklm/system/gdi/glyphcache set the cache size to 32768

hklm/system/storage manager/fatfs set the cache size to 4069

hklm/system/storage manager/filters/fsreplxfilt set the replstoragecache to 4069

and that should help you out if not let me know and i have some thing else that will help make it alot faster

ohh yeah i forgot to add after you do all that soft reset the phone and go back to all of them and make sure that they stayed at what i told you to change them to if not do it all over again it usually stays the first time but not always once it stays then there you go you should notice a diffrence in the speed and make sure that active sync is not running it takes up alot of memory and makes your phone run slow and dont run to many things on your today screen cause that slows down the from switching from landscape to portrait let me know how it works out >>>>>

Last edited by s4n3_0n3; 06-23-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com