PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

techmonkie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry ICS Connection times out after 1 hour

Good day,

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but I couldn't really find a definitive answer to the issue I'm dealing with. so here goes.

I've been using my phone to surf the internet via the Bluetooth Personal Area Network connection. Once I open an IE window and establish a data connection, then link my laptop and phone, everything works fine. After exactly one hour (to the minute), the data session on the phone will automatically close, and thus break my Internet connection on my laptop.

I've tried messing w/ the WMWifiRouter application, and can also get multiple laptops to connect to the phone via Wireless to surf the Internet. Again, after 1 hour (to the minute), the data connection on the phone closes, and thus breaks connectivity on all connected laptops.

My problem is that on occasion I use this program to run EVE Online, which promptly crashes and burns when the data connection breaks. I've found nothing apparent in the registry that will allow me to modify the data connection timeout, and it definitely appears to be happening at the phone level.

What can be done to stop the data connection from timing out? I've gone so far as to re-open a web page a minute or 2 before the connection times out, which it immediately opens, but 2 minutes later, the connection is closed. It gives the message of "The remote party ended the connection" or something to that effect.

Please give me some guidance here, as I use this phone to get out onto the Internet while stuck in a location where I don't have access to the outside, and having to restart the data connection every hour is very frusturating.

Regards,

TechMonkie
Old 03-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ICS Connection times out after 1 hour

yeah, this is a known issue, noone is quite sure what is causing it, but most are thinking it's due to the radios on both the leaked and official gps roms at this point.... sorry friend.

Best... Member... Ever...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan