PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 11:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sheetalc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
In-Ear (Ear plugs) Headsets for Titan without the need for an Adapter??

I can't use most earbud style headphones or the headset (w/ mic) like the OEM headset that comes with the phone. God gave some F'ed up ears that wont accomodate any earbuds. My Ipod earbuds were a waste and so are the HTC OEM headsets.

Can anyone suggest any Headsets that are In-Ear / Earplugs that are good for listening to music and for conversation? I hate wanting to use adapters as some work and some dont and they are clunky. Pls provide links if you have. Much appreciated.

I noticed these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200210999467

but they seem to add to the length of the headset and the mic might be too far once I add the headphones
Old 03-27-2008, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

verkion is becoming a great contributor
Re: In-Ear (Ear plugs) Headsets for Titan without the need for an Adapter??

Bluetooth my friend...I use Sony Ericsson's HBH-DS220 with Shure E5C. Absolutely bloody perfect. Jabra also has an equivalent adaptor. Anyways, they are small/compact but allow you to plug your own set of earphones/in-ear/whatever standard 3.5mm plug device you have. Plus, the voice quality for calls is ok to good depending on the environment.

If you want in-ears and don't want to pay exhorbitant sums of money, the Shure E2 and E3 (now called SE210 and SE310) are awfully good bang for the buck. (You can find them cheaper elsewhere...link is for reference.)
http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P...dels/index.htm

The HBH-DS220 I use is here: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...20?cc=us&lc=en

The Jabra Bluetooth headset I WAS looking for...hrm, can't find the link right now. I'll post it when I can dig it up.

verkion
Old 03-27-2008, 01:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

sheetalc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by verkion View Post
Bluetooth my friend...I use Sony Ericsson's HBH-DS220 with Shure E5C. Absolutely bloody perfect. Jabra also has an equivalent adaptor. Anyways, they are small/compact but allow you to plug your own set of earphones/in-ear/whatever standard 3.5mm plug device you have. Plus, the voice quality for calls is ok to good depending on the environment.

If you want in-ears and don't want to pay exhorbitant sums of money, the Shure E2 and E3 (now called SE210 and SE310) are awfully good bang for the buck. (You can find them cheaper elsewhere...link is for reference.)
http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P...dels/index.htm

The HBH-DS220 I use is here: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...20?cc=us&lc=en

The Jabra Bluetooth headset I WAS looking for...hrm, can't find the link right now. I'll post it when I can dig it up.

verkion
Really appreciate your time to write the response. I think the price is a bit steep for the BT adapter and secondly am worried about my battery life. Right now I get about 2 full days.. and dont want to jeopardize that! A simple mini-usb corded headset thats IN-ear is what I want
Old 03-27-2008, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

verkion is becoming a great contributor

seido has one that does that! it's an extendable one. I have one of those too and YES they do work with the new roms unlike some other 3rd party cords.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=866

Same idea, it allows you to use any type of headphone/in-ear/earphones with the standard 3.5mm connector.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:03 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

sheetalc is a n00b

"I hate wanting to use adapters as some work and some dont and they are clunky." Thats why noted that in the original post. I want to have one thing - no adapters. Find it incredible that I cant find one with a simple search on google
Old 03-27-2008, 06:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

tonykovac is just getting started

Not quite what you want, as these are not "in the ear" but are "on the ear" - the wiRevo bluetooth stereo headset. Currently on sale at Fry's for $20 plus shipping.

Here's the link: http://shop4.outpost.com/product/5474959#detailed

Shows $49.99 normal price, add to cart to see new price, which is $19.99.
I use these while exercising - nice thing is they use a normal mini-usb (same as the Mogul) to charge, so there's one less unique charging cord to worry about like on some of the Jabra stereo bluetooth headsets.
These also include a microphone for making calls. Sound isn't too bad - check reviews on Google.

Hope this helps, --TonyK.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Captivate
Carrier: Rogers

acwyau is a n00b

If you want the cheapest solution that makes use of the stock headset, try these: http://www.nextag.com/griffin-ear-jams/search-html

I got one of the covers to fit over the stock HTC headset and it has worked pretty well for me. The stock headset is not great, but it is good enough for my needs. The 3 sizes of rubber covers fit well and I have had no issues with the covers coming off the stock earbuds.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

micahmicahmicah is a n00b

Motorola S9 works well, that's my recommendation. Excellent battery life, good sound quality, and they're durable. I've had mine since they were released, and use them almost daily.
Motorola : S9, T505
Proclip : Mogul Mount, move clip system, WRX & 350Z Dash mounts
Old 03-27-2008, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

if you aren't afraid to solder, just tear apart the mic assembly of the OEM headset and attach the wires of any aftermarket in ear headphones...
just be cautious of the wires, and which color ones go to where... i've done that mod in the past, but it killed my battery life, using it as an mp3 player...
sorry i dont have any pictures =x

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan