PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: VZW

gbenj is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
gps viewer with wifi

anyone seen this product?

called navizon, what it does, is update ur gps location with both gps and cell towers, but also with wifi AP's. it gives u a map view online of where uve been and what AP's and cell towers u discovered, and also pays u if you discover enough.

if u do download and use this please use this link:
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd...e=5B595F5F5958
so i can get something for telling u about it. i know a little selfish, but it is pretty cool, and if u do end up making money from it. why wouldnt u want to let me get in on that too.

one cool feature i liked is that you can create a group or join a group and see other users locations in either google maps, or google earth.
it'd be pretty cool if we got a running database that kept track of all the xv6800/mogul/titan users that were using this thing. if nothing else to see if other people in our area are having similar problems, could be kinda helpful.

anyways, before i started talking about how great this thing is, i did origionally want to know if anyone had seen it before or had any comments about it.

thanks
Old 03-25-2008, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800 Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

JJB3kgt is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to JJB3kgt
Re: gps viewer with wifi

This topic is already discussed at this thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590

Please use this thread to discuss Navizon

Thanks!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

andy22 is starting in the wrong direction

do you all get money for advertising navizon? it seems like you all are selling it more than just posting a link to a cool prog. i call BS.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

while there is a small incentive, the thread I created also has a link where you can signup w/out anyone else benefiting. any time multiple threads are opened on the same topic information gets scattered all over the place and is very difficult to find any relevant search results. this is a clean website, and a clean forum, call bs elsewhere.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sorry you all just sounded the same like you were repeating some sales strategy from that company. And you do stand to benefit from clicking the links you all provided. So you gave the link that will not credit you, thank you, you still did add the pay you link just like the others. If you wrote this program then a donate to me link would be very appropriate. Still calling BS on you and the others.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

gbenj is just getting started

i know it did sound like that, but i did try to be upfront with what i was posting it for...

i would like to get referral points or whatever, if you're gonna use it, but if you really have some problem with me getting a percentage of what you do, on top of what you get, then you can just go to the website without my link.
but i posted this because i think its not only a cool piece of software that i recently saw for the first time, but because the more people who use it, the better.
I am not associated with them in any way, and i haven't even gotten a cent from them. but the way it works, the more people who are using it, the better it is.

it maps out locations, using gps and wifi and cell towers, so that if someone else is in that spot they can get gps faster, or even without gps. so from that standpoint i do want more people to use it, so it will be a better product.

wtvr, i think its really cool, u dont have to use it.
but im not trying to advertise for them or anything. i actually do like the program, and like the potential for more people to join the titan group, and i genuinely think that could be helpful for troubleshooting, or other issues that might arise.
if someones having an issue, and sees someone posting about it, then sees that that person is located near them, it could save people time troubleshooting a problem that is just a matter of locale.

sorry for the long post.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy22 View Post
Sorry you all just sounded the same like you were repeating some sales strategy from that company. And you do stand to benefit from clicking the links you all provided. So you gave the link that will not credit you, thank you, you still did add the pay you link just like the others. If you wrote this program then a donate to me link would be very appropriate. Still calling BS on you and the others.
It is kinda like a pyramid scheme... wow, I've been sucked in...

I feel like I'm that guy in the hardware store in the movie Garden State. "We all have dreams, I know I do..."

Also, click the link below. You know you want to.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

My real only problem was when people come on and make a thread with their link, then when someone else tries to post their own link that original guy comes on and chastises the new guy for not searching and directs all of the people to his original thread with his OWN LINK. If you have posted one of the navizon links you should be telling anyone else not to do the same ever.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

I agree, people shouldn't be getting mad because other people are posting their referrals.

As far as I can tell though, there are only really two relevant navizon threads. One in software, one in the titan forum. There may be more in the other device threads, but I don't look in there. So really, I don't see why so many people are crying fowl as if we are all shoving this down your throats. No one is making anyone sign up for anything. If you want to do it, do it, if not, you don't have to.

Alternative war-driving efforts are out there, ones that don't make you points or cash though...
Old 03-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

Should everyone create a new separate thread for each user?

How about every one just create a new thread for evry issue you have as an individual.

Threads are to congregate information together as a topic, that way if someone is searching for something I.e. Navizon, they are presented with one or two threads that people have discussed issues, fixes, good and bad points etc. in.

As the op of the other thread, after searching to see if there was a relevant thread and finding that there was not, I shared something that was indeed new to many. Did the op do this, no, hence the use the other thread advice.

I will say again what I ended my opening post with - I think wideawake should start an account so all new signers can add to the site kitty. That would put an end to people having a problem with the affiliate issue.

Other than that if you don't like the program, don't use it, if you want to try it out w/out anyone else benefiting, you can.

But let's not start 359 new threads about signing up under each new account, OK?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan