PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 11:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

azz777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how to stay on EVDO while tethering (prevent falling to 1X)

From times to times, my mogul falls to 1X while tethering without I am noticing it. Is there anyway on keep it stay on EVDO while tethering and not falling to 1X? I'm in metro NY with great EVDO coverage. I am running the stock 3.35 sprint ROM, and have try to play with the preferred operation mode, while I set it to HDR, my phone doesn't work at all, either Automatic or Digital will do the same thing which from times to times, it falls to 1X by itself. Any helps are greatly appreciated.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: how to stay on EVDO while tethering (prevent falling to 1X)

You could try putting you're phone into EVDO Only mode (Start--Settings--Phone--Services--Mode of Operation--Get Settings). I think that will force it to stay on EVDO, but on the downside you won't receive any voice calls while it is enabled (that's my understanding anyway, haven't played with it).

On my phone I had to change the following reg entry to get Mode of Operation to show up in my phone settings:

HKLM\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\HiddenModeOperation Page

Change the value from "1" (hidden) to "0" (not hidden).

Edit: If anyone knows a way to get the phone to more actively try to reestablish an EVDO connection after dropping to 1X, I'd also like to hear about it.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro
Threadstarter

azz777 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
You could try putting you're phone into EVDO Only mode (Start--Settings--Phone--Services--Mode of Operation--Get Settings). I think that will force it to stay on EVDO, but on the downside you won't receive any voice calls while it is enabled (that's my understanding anyway, haven't played with it)...
that's what happen, if I put my phone to EVDO only, then it's data only, can't receive voice calls. Even though I am in Metro area with plenty of EVDO coverage, my tether sessions still fall to 1X from time to time and will not get back to EVDO by itself. I hope someone can come up with a solution to prevent it falling to 1X in the first place.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dizzywizzy is becoming a great contributor

This was on the XDA site, and is not supposed to restrict incoming calls. Any thoughts from a Senior Member?

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
OK so there are no errors, it just disconnects. I had this problem too when I flashed my ROM. Try the reg edit below and your Mogul should keep its data connection alive. It should only disconnect and stay disconnect if you do it manually.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A3 8-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\Sprint PCS Vision
Change AlwaysOn dword to 1
Old 03-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I dont have this problem. What is unique about your case?
Old 03-27-2008, 05:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

drtrell is a n00b

setting it to EVDO mode only has nothing to do with phone calls. the thing that stops you is that the sprint network currently does not allow the phone to send and receive both voice and data at the same time, so while the data arrows are bright white (data moving on the network) you will not be able to receive calls. if the data is idle, calls will work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan