PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

syco3d is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Cant get 4gb microSDHC to work

So the 512mb microsd wasn't cutting the cheese anymore (imagine that). After researching first here at ppcgeeks, I went to the local Best Buy and picked up a 4gb SanDisk microSDHC card. (btw, I made them pricematch newegg ...) Got home, put in the card - nothing. MY SDHC card reader sees it, but not my mogul. Went back to the store (just incase) and exchanged for another one - still nothing. I called Sprint, they told me the phone only supports 2gb cards. I called HTC, they said the mogul DOES NOT support fat32????? I tried formatting to fat16, but windows xp doesn't give me the option, and partition magic wont even see the card. (I'm seeing that fat16 only supports up to 2gb anyways?)

Where do I go from here?

Should I go down to sprint and try to make them give me 4gb card/find a different brand? (best buy is all we have in town that sells micros, and they only have sandisk).

HELP!?

P.S. Please use the crisco liberally, this is my first post here.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:02 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Cant get 4gb microSDHC to work

Ive got a microSDHC 4gb SanDisk. My mogul sees it just fine.

Last edited by nxtech3; 03-22-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

176562 is just getting started

Maybe you have not done the ROM upgrade? I know on the older stock ROM some said a patch was needed for larger cards....here is one mention of that with a direct link from over at PDAPhoneHome: http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...working-3.html
Old 03-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

What ROM are you running on your Mogul? The earlier ROM's needed an set of upgraded drivers to utilize the larger cards. All the later ROM's worked fine out of the box. I use a 6 GB SanDisk card with no problems. If you are running an early ROM (e.g. 2.09) and you don't want to upgrade, PM me and I'll send you the drivers. Otherwise, upgrade your ROM and it should work fine. You can format your card on your PC. I have a freeware card formatting program that runs on your PC. I'm not at home now but I can post it here later today.
Her's an interesting utility that has a free 10 day trial period if you are using an updated ROM and are still having problems. Might help you to diagnose and fix it:
http://www.cnetx.com/format/

Last edited by dtndvm; 03-22-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC diamond w/groove 5 21232
Carrier: radio 1.11.00F on Sprint, 60652

bacspasm is becoming a great contributor

I got my card (Kingston 4 Gb SDHC) when I got my titan but I updated to the 3.16 ROM right away. Now on the 3.35 ROM without problems. Just flash to a modern ROM. I just checked and the card is formatted to fat32. I had to flash from the card once.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan