PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2008, 12:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell

lucky644 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Losing sync/usb?

I have Vista, several times now I have lost sync with my ppc, and the only way to fix it is to reboot my computer. Also, it gives a 'unknown USB device' error when I dock it.

Ideas?
Old 03-16-2008, 01:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: **
Carrier: **

isosdcftp is just getting started
Re: Losing sync/usb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky644 View Post
I have Vista, several times now I have lost sync with my ppc, and the only way to fix it is to reboot my computer. Also, it gives a 'unknown USB device' error when I dock it.

Ideas?
I had a similar issue. My mogul would frequently become "disconnected" from the pc even though the charging orange LED was still lit. I figured that it was caused every time I moved or nudged the usb cable.

The fix was getting a sewing needle and gently nudging the usb contacts in the phone's usb port back up. It seems that after being plugged and unplugged so many times, those pins lose some of their springiness and need to be 'flexed' back up in order to make good contact with the cable's terminals.

Last edited by isosdcftp; 03-16-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: Sprint

radiototal is a n00b

I have the same problem ... and everything it start 2days ago after I install a GPS software on my Mogul PPC6800. Any ideas how the problem can fix ? I am running vista/32. It happen the USB port to die when I was upload a ROM file and that cause a lot of trouble ... To recover my phone I had to make a smart move , that mean to keep out the USB cable from the laptop running the program ROM and bee agree 2x with what they was saying and then to stick inside of the laptop the USB cable when on the same time when it was starting to look for the preview version of the ROM. This was the only way how I was able to save my phone but after the installation of the new ROM from HTC website I still not able to make it sync with my vista ...I un-install the active sync and re-install back on the vista but with same no results. Does some one have the magic answer ?
Thank you
Old 03-16-2008, 01:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

lucky644 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by isosdcftp View Post
I had a similar issue. My mogul would frequently become "disconnected" from the pc even though the charging orange LED was still lit. I figured that it was caused every time I moved or nudged the usb cable.

The fix was getting a sewing needle and gently nudging the usb contacts in the phone's usb port back up. It seems that after being plugged and unplugged so many times, those pins lose some of their springiness and need to be 'flexed' back up in order to make good contact with the cable's terminals.
Phone is brand new
Old 03-16-2008, 02:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

chocolatewhitegurl is a n00b

my phone is brand new as well. can anyone help me as well?
Old 03-16-2008, 03:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850

radiototal is a n00b

I'll try tomorrow to reinstall my VISTA and I'll let you know if that was the problem because the phone I am 100% sure doesn't have any problem and the reason why I am saying this is because I am getting the same error message with all my 3 PPC phones 6700,6800 and 6900.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

chocolatewhitegurl is a n00b

ok, let US know.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC ... Disable (Uncheck) "Enable advanced network functionality"

See if that resolves some of the stability issues you encounter.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: **
Carrier: **

isosdcftp is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiototal View Post
I'll try tomorrow to reinstall my VISTA and I'll let you know if that was the problem because the phone I am 100% sure doesn't have any problem and the reason why I am saying this is because I am getting the same error message with all my 3 PPC phones 6700,6800 and 6900.
Have you tried a different usb cable?
Old 03-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Please check that suggestion about the advanced network capability. I run Vista Ultimate and had this problem also. After a hard reset it goes bad to the bad (checked) setting.

I have one other question that may be relevant for this thread. I lose PdaNET more than WMDC with Vista. Does anyone know exactly what processes are runing with PdaNET and how to retart it without rebooting (long operation in Vista).

I can shut down the application on the PC and restart from the program menus, but this does not alays work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan