PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

abdracer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth Hands Free on Mogul

I don't know if this question has been asked. I tried searching and couldn't find anything, but I was wondering if there is any software that I can use on the Sprint Mogul to make Voice speed dial work like on the Motorola Q 9c or even like some of the Razors. When I was using the Q when I pressed the call button on my Bluetooth earpiece I can speak the name and it would read me a list of contacts that it sounded like and asked me yes or no to call. It even was able to understand when I spoke a number to dial in case it wasn't in my contacts. It would repeat the number and verify weather or not to call. That was a really nice feature instead of recording a voice command for all my contacts.

Thanks.

Last edited by abdracer; 03-12-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

hckymeyer is a n00b
Re: Bluetooth Hands Free on Mogul

Same question....I really miss that feature
Old 03-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800

p2min is a n00b

Please let me know if you get an answer. I have the same question. gedixon7@gmail.com.

Why did you switch from the Motorola Q?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdracer View Post
I don't know if this question has been asked. I tried searching and couldn't find anything, but I was wondering if there is any software that I can use on the Sprint Mogul to make Voice speed dial work like on the Motorola Q 9c or even like some of the Razors. When I was using the Q when I pressed the call button on my Bluetooth earpiece I can speak the name and it would read me a list of contacts that it sounded like and asked me yes or no to call. It even was able to understand when I spoke a number to dial in case it wasn't in my contacts. It would repeat the number and verify weather or not to call. That was a really nice feature instead of recording a voice command for all my contacts.

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

cuse94 is a n00b

You can purchase Microsoft's Voice Command. I use it and it works great, especially with the new rom.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Lurker

reverland is a n00b

Voice command doesn't work consistently for everyone. Voice command used to work flawlessly for me with my 6700, it does not work through my bluetooth headset in my 6800. Look through the forums from today there is a discussion on it.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

there is also Cyberon Voice Commander. I've been using it on the 3.35 rom for 2 days now; works almost exactly like MS voice command does, will read emails to you. more info can be found on their site here:

http://www.cyberon.com.tw/pro-solAG1-1.php?NO1=1
Old 03-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Lurker

KeithMogul is a n00b

I use a plantronics 510 headset and the stock voice dial works fine for me.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

abdracer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2min View Post
Please let me know if you get an answer. I have the same question. gedixon7@gmail.com.

Why did you switch from the Motorola Q?
I had originally purchased the Mogul back in August and it started to give me nothing but problems when I upgraded to the 2.17 ROM so I took it to Sprint and they swapped it for another phone thinking it would fix the issues. The new phone they gave me came with 2.17 ROM preinstalled. In less than 2 days I was back to the same issues where the phone would never come up from sleep mode. Something with it locking up when roaming. So I went back and they offered to let me swap the phone for the Q 9c since it had what I needed a full keyboard and it was Windows Mobile. They offered to let me purchase the Q to have the 30 days and keep both phones because I was hoping HTC would release a new ROM to address these issues. So now I went back to using the Mogul to test the 3.35 ROM and I have about 2 more weeks to return the Q. If the Mogul gives me problem I am going to have to keep the queue. I got so used to using the Q's voice dial that's why I am hoping I can make the Mogul work the same way.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

abdracer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverland View Post
Voice command doesn't work consistently for everyone. Voice command used to work flawlessly for me with my 6700, it does not work through my bluetooth headset in my 6800. Look through the forums from today there is a discussion on it.
reverland do you happen to have a link for that discussion? I can't seem to see it. Thanks
Old 03-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

abdracer is a n00b

Well I tried both the Cyberon and MSVC and none one them work through my Motorola H700 BT headset. I have to use the mic and speaker on the phone. And actually when I remove the software it actually messes up voice speed dial. Pressing the button on the BT will no longer envoke it. I had to do a hard reset to bring it back. Anyone know if there is a fix or something to get MSVC working through the BT headset to say and confirm commands. I am using the Mogul with the 3.35 ROM?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan