PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

sarahfagan1465x is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6800 dead? HELP please!

I woke up this morning and tried to wake up my mogul.... to no avail. It's completely dead. No lights, no vibration, nothing, nothing nothing. It hasn't had low battery, ever.... And it was on the charger last night. I tried soft reset, hard reset, pulling the battery out and waiting, everything. I don't know what to do. I have only had this phone a week! Can someone please please help? I'm very frustrated and I have been crying for about an hour, I would call the sprint people but I have no phone! Please help me!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: 6800 dead? HELP please!

It has to be this things battery... This phone is in A+ shape. Maybe faulty battery?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

Try keeping the battery out for like 10 mins then put it back in and try again. Aside from that, I really don't know what else to say, good luck! =)
Old 03-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

wow i'm sorry sarah, so it's unresponsive even after all of that? give us an update when you can and let us know what's up. i know it's frustrating but everything will be fine in a while.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does the light come on when the charger is plugged in? Thats odd because even if the battery isnt holding a charge when you should still be able to turn it on when it is plugged in.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

a_lazy_dude is just getting started

some steps that may help you debug:

- is there any visible residue/film/funk on the battery's contacts? or on the phone's battery contacts? if so, use a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol to clean.

- do you have access to a volt meter? if the battery is good, it should measure somewhere in the ballpark of 3.7V between the + and - terminals

- does the little "void" sticker on the bottom left still read "void" in pink, against a pure white backdrop? if it's blurry, or if the sticker is completely pink, this is an indicator that some level of water damage may have occured.

good luck!
Old 03-05-2008, 12:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

Radar is a n00b

could your charger be dead? im not sure if the charger has a fuse but I know some moto chargers do.. if that's blown then the charger won't work.. try plugging it into your computer and see if that will charge it..
Old 03-05-2008, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Weird situation. No water damage, no dirty contacts, no light on the device. I took the battery out for about 15 minutes and just waited. Put it back in the phone, tried to turn it on, nothing.
PUt it on the charger, nothing.
Hooked it to the usb, I finally got it to turn on but I guess it had reset itself in the process. (Came up with the screen calibration, etc.) Weird, I have no idea what happened, but at least it's working now. I wonder if there is something wrong with that charger... Took the phone off the USB and plugged it into the charger again and seems to be working fine... Very strange, I have no idea what happened. I thought maybe there was a power outage of some sort but neighbors insist there was not.
A mogul ghost maybe? I don't know. Thanks for all the help I appreciate it!! I'll add to your reps.
Sarah
Old 03-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

wow that's really strange, never heard of this happening before, hopefully it was a one time thing. glad things are ok though!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hopefully it wont happen again. I would probably quit what ever i was doing and go directly to the sprint store and demand a replacement if mine somehow died.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan