PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 03:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

mogulust is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WIFI won't turn off when going into standby (kills the battery)

Hey folks.

I posted this at xda-dev.com and didn't get any help so hopefully I'll have more luck here.

Long story short, everything was working great until I began using wmwifirouter a few days ago. Before, when I would use my wifi for streaming radio or web browsing at home, and I hit the power button for standby it would discontinue the wifi connection, and when I turned it back on it would reestablish the connection. I got good battery life leaving the phone on and keeping it in standby waiting for calls to come in.

Well after using wmwifirouter for the first time, it has changed a setting which now keeps the wifi active in standby, which is good for internet sharing, but drains the battery very quickly when just waiting for calls to come in on standby when not using the wmwifiouter program.

Anyone else have this problem? It might be a good excuse to upgrade my rom and start over but I was happy with everything until this started happening. I am using colonel's 12-28-07 rom which came with the .81 version of wmwifirouter.

I would really love some help here, and sorry for the long post.

Last edited by mogulust; 03-03-2008 at 03:53 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pctek4456 is becoming a great contributor
Re: WIFI won't turn off when going into standby (kills the battery)

Just use the wireless toggle switch on the side of the mogul to toggle the wireless on or off when needed.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

weav4444 is a n00b

seriously just turn the switch off when you put your phone in standby and turn the switch back on when you turn your phone back on
Old 03-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Threadstarter

mogulust is a n00b
Talking Re: WIFI won't turn off when going into standby (kills the battery)

Well, yeah flipping the switch back and forth all the time works, but gets really annoying if you have to do it all the time. Thanks for the suggestion though. I finally got a reply on xda-dev from a developer of a program which controls wifi settings that aren't otherwise available, and it solved my problem!!

Check it out for yourself, it's great.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=373168
Old 03-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i need help. Im on the other side of the spectrum. The wifi on my mogul wont turn on at all. neither the toggle switch or menu settings will activate it. whats really weird to me is, sometimes there is a wifi icon in connection settings, and other times its not there. can anyone help me please? i miss wifi. im running the 3.35 rom. thx, dschoenike
Old 04-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Lurker

agosset is a n00b

This application works great!!! try it I had the same problem...no my wofi works again!!!

WIFIprofile:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=355936

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan