PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 02:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPaq 4155, Axim X51v, UT Starcom xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

DusterTail is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon xv6800 and 8 gb SDHC Support

Can someone please direct me to a patch that will make my Verizon xv6800 recognize all 8 gb of my micro secure digital card. Before I bought the phone, I was actually told by 2 different Verizon techs that the xv6800 would take an 8 gb card, so that's why I got one. It turns out that the phone is only reading 4 gb. I'm hoping that I won't have to install a new ROM, yet - I'm not quite ready to take such a drastic measure!
Thanks.
Patti
Old 02-25-2008, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and loving it

whatsinaname is just getting started
Re: Verizon xv6800 and 8 gb SDHC Support

I don't have what you need, but I have to say I used mine stock for 20 minutes before flashing a new rom. I am using DCDs current rom and love it. (very bare bones)
It also unlocks the gps. Love using live search.

Angel on IRC helped me flash for first time. I have been long time 6700 user and love the improvements in the 6800.

Oops the whole reason for posting was to say that DCD supports 8gig. (have one myself)

Some one with more knowledge will point you in the way for the hdsd driver. (I do remember it had 777 in the title for some reason)
Old 02-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

nhgr8hnd is a n00b

Here you go... see Post #19 in the link below:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15584&page=2

The file is called SDHC.777.cab

I've been using it for 2 months - no problems.

Regards,
Martin in NH
Old 02-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx8600
Carrier: verizon

goon55 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
I don't have what you need, but I have to say I used mine stock for 20 minutes before flashing a new rom. I am using DCDs current rom and love it. (very bare bones)
It also unlocks the gps. Love using live search.

Angel on IRC helped me flash for first time. I have been long time 6700 user and love the improvements in the 6800.

Oops the whole reason for posting was to say that DCD supports 8gig. (have one myself)

Some one with more knowledge will point you in the way for the hdsd driver. (I do remember it had 777 in the title for some reason)
Hey, I had a question, my 6800 is on the way. Can you point me in the right direction for the CDC rom ur using?

Also, I would like to put an iphone theme (icons, etc) on the phone. Is there a good one out there? I was checking out the ifonz and it's nice and pretty straight forward but a bit slow.

Lastly, how difficult is it to really flash/upgrade these roms? I used a 6700 for about a month and love messing with it and had it modded out but its been awhile.

oh yea, and I AM a verizon customer so I want to make sure that all this craziness will work on their version. Most of what I have read is for the Mogul (same phone I know basically, but ya never know)

thanks,

g
Old 03-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC xv6800

Telemetry is a n00b

goon55...

i'm in the same boat, mine is verizon and it's also on the way, i figure by now you must have gotten the phone and figured out which cdc and iphone rom/cabs are the best to use, a little heads up for me would be greatly appreciated.

eagerly awaiting my phone which i had overnighted to me so i'll get it in less than 18 hours from now, and i'll probably be online all day/night trying to find the right skins etc to run on the verizon version so i dont encounter any strange hangups

Jon certified cdt

Last edited by Telemetry; 03-17-2008 at 05:41 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan