PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

chubzilla is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fellas, help me decide

Ive had the Mogul for a few months now and I was able to get my hands on a Touch, I need to decide by Monday which one I want. The Touch is obviously faster due to the increase in memory. What do you guys think I should do. I love the Mogul but im getting tired of waiting foe the ROM update
Old 02-23-2008, 11:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: Fellas, help me decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubzilla View Post
Ive had the Mogul for a few months now and I was able to get my hands on a Touch, I need to decide by Monday which one I want. The Touch is obviously faster due to the increase in memory. What do you guys think I should do. I love the Mogul but im getting tired of waiting foe the ROM update
maybe you should post this in a different section, IMHO you'd def get a biased opinion posting it in the mogul forum.

As a touch user, I say a touch with the seidio 2000mah extended battery is smaller and outperforms the mogul in my needs.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 02-24-2008, 01:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I say Mogul
Old 02-24-2008, 01:26 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

personally i would go with a mogul because the unofficial update isnt ahrd to use and the cooked roms containing wm 6.1 are freaking awesome so i personally would stick with the mogul but tht is jus because i like the GPS and fast EV/DO speeds.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 02-24-2008, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor

Its a TOUGH call. Lately I have been seriously missing the hardware keyboard as I switched to a touch as my main phone. But what good is the keyboard when you have to constantly close and reopen any memory intensive programs. I still have my Mogul and may switch back after the official GPS revA rom.

I have never had to worry about slow phone performance and program management on the touch. But sometimes, I just want a friggin keyboard lol.

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 02-24-2008, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Mogul

Logs is just getting started

I owned a touch for about a week, and it was a nightmare. Froze constantly, didn't receive about half the calls, and was always unresponsive. I just switched to the mogul, and despite the lesser memory, I swear the thing is a lot more responsive, and has been completely reliable.

It may not be as sexy and sleek as the touch, but id take the Mogul any day.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

iamjfarrell is a n00b

I'd say if you want the "woah cool" go with the touch. if you want to impress yourself and feel like you are getting shit done, get the mogul.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Threadstarter

chubzilla is a n00b

isnt the touch going to get rev a and gps as well
Old 02-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor

Yea the Touch is supposed to, but there haven't been any official statements. But I still have Mogul so once the official GPS comes out for the mogul I may use my Mogul until the Touch ROM comes out. I mean as far as missing the keyboard, the XT9 on the Touch is amazing once you get used to it, but just miss the physical feel of a keyboard sometimes. But the Mogul is also HUGE compared to the Touch also. The screens are very different too. I don't think one screen is better they are different. The viewing angles are limited on the Touch but it has a much brighter vibrant screen. The Touch also has a SLIGHT grainyness which you wont even notice after a while but if you put it side by side with the mogul you will notice it.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

ive played with both of the phones for weeks.. (former sprint rep) and im a text monster as i text around 4000 or so times a month... and one would assume that the mogul would suit my needs better, but honestly the touch broke the deal for me.. and this isnt really including speed, memory, and slimness. i like the fact that i can whip out my touch.. text a full paragraph and then put it back in my pocket within a minute or two.. now with the mogul it takes like 3 or 4 minutes, lol.. another thing is i drive a stick.. so when i get a text message while driving, i can whip out the touch with one hand an kill a text message in seconds, while with the mogul you would have to slide out the keyboard and try to text with both hands on that keyboard while tryin to avoid killing yourself in a car wreck, haha.. plus i bet ALL the touch users can text 3 times as fast as any mogul user.. especially with touchpal.. its amazing.. hopefully i've helped your opinion

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan