PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

mbellis is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to mbellis
No Incoming Calls When Roaming

Good afternoon all, thanks in advance for anyone who can provide some help for my problem. First of all, I have searched and found some great information but have been unable to completely solve this problem. A few weeks ago I upgraded to the unofficial 3.17 rom, wasn't exactly happy with it so I downgraded, flashing from the sd card back to 2.17.651.0 At my office the phone doesn't have Sprint coverage so it roams onto VZW, I'm sure of this because I was getting the "Verizon Wireless is unable to authenticate your phone" message as well as "When roaming you must dial 1 plus the area code" message from VZW. I found the info in this thread on XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=1883582) about calling sprint for an HLR Reload, this solved my "authentication" problem, I can no make pefect crystal clear calls from my office, and I'm sure I'm roaming on the VZW network. However any call to my phone goes straight to voicemail. I have confirmed this at my home as well, go into phone setting and set to Roam only, phone makes perferct outgoing calls on the VZW network, confirmed by not using the area code and getting the VZW message, but yet again any calls to my p##hone goes straight to voicemail. I have attempted to downgrade to the older official roms via usb, attempted a hard reset via ##786#, have restored the date profile via ##3282, I have called Sprint and they insist that they don't support any type of tech support in regards to roaming since its not their network, the first time I asked for an HLR Reload they insisted for an hour on the phone it didn't exist, then that it wouldn't work, then it solved the outgoing call problem..... but I still can't receive any incoming calls while roaming..... I feel that this happened after loading the unofficial rom.... I have also tried loading all the different PRL files from the coroloda site (60608 60610 60611). When making my first call to support about the authentication issue the rep told me he changed something on my account that allowed it to roam anywhere.... don't know what he was referring to probably some bs..... I would really appreciate anyones help with this, I'm at the point where I want to go to the sprint store and buy a new mogul to see if it works, then maybe i can track it down to a problem with my account settings, or a problem with my phone, Sprint replaced my phone twice with refurbs and just recently with a new unit so I don't want to take it in for service just so they can order me another refurb when its basically a few months old, has never been dropped or damaged. Again I thank anyone in advance that can help or has any insight!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: SPRINT

phonehopper is a n00b
Re: No Incoming Calls When Roaming

You kind of answered the question yourself a little bit there I would start by maybe trying a different phone on your number - to narrow down if the problem is in the device or the network. Chances are you will receive your calls fine. Without really looking too in depth into it, this sounds like the paging settings on your phone (the mogul) are not setyp correctly. There are several handshake pages that need to go through when you get a call before your phone starts to ring. Depending on the results of these pages, the network will decide where to send the call - the phone or whatever other method is setup (VM / system recording etc).

Also, you could try finding the official ROM off a SPRINT phone and flashing yours with that ROM or maybe even flashing it again for giggles. Maybe you had a corrupt write somewhere that is causing the issue ? To me this sounds a lot like an RF setting within the radio itself.

How many languages do you speak ? I speak one. One Zero One Zero Zero. With that I could steal your money, your secrets, your fantasies, your whole life. In any country, any time, any place I want. We multitask like you breathe. I couldn't think as slow as you if I tried. - Taz 'Rat' Finch
Old 02-25-2008, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pctek4456 is becoming a great contributor
Re: No Incoming Calls When Roaming

Had the same problem. Nothing worked until i called sprint and asked them to provision my account for a prl update. (I already had the latest from corolada but apparently that wasn't enough, cause it wasnt reflecting in their system as I had updated my prl). After I went through their prl update (it updated to the same prl i already had on the phone) the phone started working normally. It appears that the system needs to know that the prl was updated as opposed to updating it manually from corolada. Hope that works out for you. if your using 2.17 roms or lower I recommend radio version 1.40, if your using 3.16 or higher 3.27 radio is mandatory (use latest prl 60711).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellis View Post
Good afternoon all, thanks in advance for anyone who can provide some help for my problem. First of all, I have searched and found some great information but have been unable to completely solve this problem. A few weeks ago I upgraded to the unofficial 3.17 rom, wasn't exactly happy with it so I downgraded, flashing from the sd card back to 2.17.651.0 At my office the phone doesn't have Sprint coverage so it roams onto VZW, I'm sure of this because I was getting the "Verizon Wireless is unable to authenticate your phone" message as well as "When roaming you must dial 1 plus the area code" message from VZW. I found the info in this thread on XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=1883582) about calling sprint for an HLR Reload, this solved my "authentication" problem, I can no make pefect crystal clear calls from my office, and I'm sure I'm roaming on the VZW network. However any call to my phone goes straight to voicemail. I have confirmed this at my home as well, go into phone setting and set to Roam only, phone makes perferct outgoing calls on the VZW network, confirmed by not using the area code and getting the VZW message, but yet again any calls to my p##hone goes straight to voicemail. I have attempted to downgrade to the older official roms via usb, attempted a hard reset via ##786#, have restored the date profile via ##3282, I have called Sprint and they insist that they don't support any type of tech support in regards to roaming since its not their network, the first time I asked for an HLR Reload they insisted for an hour on the phone it didn't exist, then that it wouldn't work, then it solved the outgoing call problem..... but I still can't receive any incoming calls while roaming..... I feel that this happened after loading the unofficial rom.... I have also tried loading all the different PRL files from the coroloda site (60608 60610 60611). When making my first call to support about the authentication issue the rep told me he changed something on my account that allowed it to roam anywhere.... don't know what he was referring to probably some bs..... I would really appreciate anyones help with this, I'm at the point where I want to go to the sprint store and buy a new mogul to see if it works, then maybe i can track it down to a problem with my account settings, or a problem with my phone, Sprint replaced my phone twice with refurbs and just recently with a new unit so I don't want to take it in for service just so they can order me another refurb when its basically a few months old, has never been dropped or damaged. Again I thank anyone in advance that can help or has any insight!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan