PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Lurker

ak5thousand is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
140.00$

Ok so I just purchased a sprint mogul and want to get it flashed to crickets phone service,the rep said it would be 80$ for the flash,15$ for activation,and 45$ for the first months service..my question is,on my device information it says rom version dcd // radio version 3.27 // and 3.16 does this mean my phone is already flashed and have to pay only the 15$ activation fee and 45$ for the first months service?Im sorry if this is a dumb question I just dont want to get jipped by cricket.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:12 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Re: 140.00$

If your current service is through Sprint, then you still have Sprint even with the custom rom/radio. The flashing for carrier service is different than flashing rom/radios. You can install that exact same radio/rom combo on a Verzion, Sprint, Alltel, etc device but ultimately all will still have their relative carrier voice/data service regardless of rom/radio. In order to recieve Cricket service, you need flashing of another route.

There may be some reading material available on possibilities of doing this yourself but it may be involved...

Old 02-22-2008, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch & Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MrShoe is a n00b

Are you saying that you bought a new Mogul that was loaded with the 3.16 ROM or you Flashed it yourself?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sounds like he bought a used one that someone had already upgraded to DCD's and a newer radio.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Cricket Mogul PPC 6800
Carrier: cricket

crwinger is keeping up the good workcrwinger is keeping up the good work

why dont u come one over here

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=336

and learn urself. All of us cricket folk are here doing it ourselves. The mogul is simple to get on cricket. Thats a lot to pay for a flash, ive only ever charged 40 for it. Dont do it!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 03:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwinger View Post
why dont u come one over here

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=336

and learn urself. All of us cricket folk are here doing it ourselves. The mogul is simple to get on cricket. Thats a lot to pay for a flash, ive only ever charged 40 for it. Dont do it!!!!!!
i agree, heck here in houston they wanted 125-150 for flashing. pretty much all you need is your msl code, an alltel rom, your cricket number and MIN number and of course the prl. all of these will get you voice.

im still searching around on howard forums how to get internet working.
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Lecithin is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak5thousand View Post
Ok so I just purchased a sprint mogul and want to get it flashed to crickets phone service,the rep said it would be 80$ for the flash,15$ for activation,and 45$ for the first months service..my question is,on my device information it says rom version dcd // radio version 3.27 // and 3.16 does this mean my phone is already flashed and have to pay only the 15$ activation fee and 45$ for the first months service?Im sorry if this is a dumb question I just dont want to get jipped by cricket.
Newly issued versions of the mogul coming with dcd rom's installed stock I'm sure he got it from a friend but would be amusing, and probably more functional than the official release ends up being

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan