PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

commandercup is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wifi Problems! XDA Couldn't help me!

I hard reset my phone because it became cluttered with crap... and now its been running great off the stock rom with all my favorite programs and such, but I cannot get a stable wifi connection? My home connection was working fine before the reset, and I never used any network management software besides what was stock on the phone...

I do use WEP protection with a simple 10 digit password to access the network, but it works fine wirelessly on my pc, laptop and my psp

Any ideas? If i can get a connection (sitting next to the Wireless Router) it lasts for maybe 10 seconds before disconnecting and can't be found for 10 or so more minutes

please someone help me... I'll sacrifice battery life, time and effort or w/e else is necessary to get it working!

are there any registry keys that i can check to make sure wifi isn't on some terrible power save mode or something?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid INCREDIBLE raped my bb storm
Carrier: verizon

sprintrjm is a n00b
Re: Wifi Problems! XDA Couldn't help me!

ahh i have an easy fix for you.

post another topic with the same title 6 more times and i will tell you.

maybe you would be more happy with the newb pdaphonehome.com site.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Considering the amount of other duplicate threads, I wouldn't be too hard on the OP because of that. Looks more like an issue with the migration from one server to the other.

As for your question, it is hard to make a real diagnosis over the web, but here are a few things to try:

Remove all network security. If you can get access with it running wide open, you know it is some kind of security conflict.

Turn WiFi to "Best Performance." Start-->Settings-->Connections-->Wireless LAN-->Power Mode.

Are you running WMWiFiRouter?
Make sure you are accepting an assigned IP and not determining your own. Also, make sure you are searching for access points, and not just computer to computer connections.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

commandercup is a n00b

REALLY SORRY about the duplicate posts... I kept getting the message that the server was too busy when I posted... apologies...

EDIT: looks like an admin/mod deleted the duplicates, I'm really really sorry about that, I didn't realize I was posting it over and over...

anyways...

I have tried it without any WEP, but it seems that my phone is having trouble detecting any networks, rather then having problems connecting. Most of the time, there are numerous networks around my home, and yet nothing is detected when I'm sitting trying to connect.

I have set Wifi to best performance, nothing changed and no I'm not running WMWiFiRouter, do I need to?

Last edited by commandercup; 02-21-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No, you don't need to run WMWiFiRouter. Try this:

Start-->Settings-->Connections-->Wifi
Make sure the drop down box at the bottom is set to "All Available."

Now on the Network Adapters tab, click on "IEEE 802.11b/g Compatible..."
Make sure the radio button for "Use server-assigned IP address" is checked.

Let me know if that works for you, and if not we'll try something else. And don't worry about the duplicate posts too much. It happens : )
Old 02-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

commandercup is a n00b

I've tried both things you've said, those were the settings they were already on, and still nothing

I might just resort to a hard reset... but I really don't want to have to redo my setup...

Thanks for your help so far though
Old 02-21-2008, 06:52 PM
VIP Member

Well, I'm about out of ideas. Are you actively using a bluetooth connection on your phone for something else while you're trying to connect to your network? Bluetooth and WiFi share an antenna, so using both simultaneously causes conflicts. You could try disabling bluetooth.

Other than that it looks like it might be hard reset time. Don't install ANY programs, and if it still doesn't work after that you are probably looking at a hardware failure, and you should exchange your phone.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

commandercup is a n00b

hmm, I just upgraded to DcD's 2.3.0 rom and I can't connect to wifi... I did install a few programs first, so I might try a different rom and see if it works with teh stock install

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan