PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Lurker

shmeh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FYI - Fixed internet speed - way faster

This may be common knowledge, I have no idea, but I resolved a kink yesterday that should at least benefit someone out there...

Turns out that, when I purchased my mogul over the phone, the sprint rep placed me on a slower data package that cannot take advantage of EVDO, let alone REV A. Maybe I'm the only one, but any way, they fixed it yesterday, and it's ridiculously faster. I've been using tortoise speed internet for a month now. This may be coincidence but I'm connecting to more gps satellites than before although, oddly enough, it is less accurate (but faster).
Old 02-13-2008, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

scoobdude is just getting started
what kinda of speeds were you and are you getting now? What did the rep say about your evdo plan (so we can ask if its on ours). Any other details that you can share on the subject.

also, what firmware, and radio. I noticed my speeds got hit once i moved to the new radio.

Last edited by scoobdude; 02-13-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
I wasn't aware they had the ability to place you on a lower-speed plan. In the past they've made it rather clear that I had no choice in what level of Vision I had when upgrading to an EVDO phone to begin with.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
im sorta questioning the validity of this. If this was the case we'd all need to call sprint for them to enable Rev A for us..which clearly we didnt have to do. maybe im wrong but this just doesnt sound right.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shmeh is a n00b
Here are the confirm emails...maybe this was common knowledge to everyone else but...

"Sprint has completed your request to remove the PCS Vision Pack from your subscription. Effective with your cancellation, you will incur a casual usage charge of $0.03 per kilobyte when using Vision.
This option will be removed as of Today."

followed by:

Sprint has completed your request to add the PCS Power Vision Access Pack to your subscription.

So I guess I was under the assumption they added power vision when they actually did not. It still said EVDO on top of my screen so I had no way of knowing. The only thing really impacted that I noticed was disappointingly slow speeds. I would post my speed from speedtest.net but I dont understand how to do that if you don't have java on your phone.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
nah buddy, the power vision vs vision has no connection to your data speeds... and if they told you that then you got played...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-13-2008, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor
Big Time!!! You can kiss your "Grandfathered" vision goodbye.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jaak is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
nah buddy, the power vision vs vision has no connection to your data speeds... and if they told you that then you got played...
Vision was the name for the old 1xRTT plan. Power Vision is was/is the name for EVDO. So it's possible they provisioned him for 1xRTT (which they're not supposed to do for EVDO phones, but that's Sprint).
Old 02-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shmeh is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
How did I get played? My speeds are significantly faster than they were before...with no question.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
oh God, this thread is a mess.... congrats on your speed increases, but your thread is very misleading to the uneducated/ new user.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan