PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

Lisaweb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry How do I stop Verizon from dialing #777 ?

I dropped my data plan, but I cannot get Verizon to stop dialing out #777! I tried deleting the Verizon connection in my connection settings, and I've also changed the settings in my Network management to connect to "My Network" for both internet and private network. But the blasted old settings keep coming back every time I reboot the phone! So it still dials out to Verizon if there is no other connection available.

I am frustrated beyond belief! Is there anyone that knows how to permanently stop this phone from dialing #777 and having these leeches charge me for connecting to the network against my will?

Any assistance or suggestions is GREATLY appreciated!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:01 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Load a custom rom, then your changes should stick. The stock roms load an app during the customization phase that constantly restores those settings.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: bell

cjtxb is a n00b
There is a way if you keep toying with those settings by deleting the number, search it, I was able to do it. But sometimes I found it would just switch back on it's own.

If you don't want to use the data at all, I would HIGHLY recommend calling Verizon and asking them to just disable it. I have Bell Mobility and from their end they disabled the 1X network and my phone absolutely cannot connect unless I am using wifi. Goodluck.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800
Carrier: sprint

snakedoctor is a n00b
maybe try leaving your switch on wifi?at least until yo can fix it permanently.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: bell

cjtxb is a n00b
But if he drops the wifi network it will goto the data network right?
Old 02-11-2008, 04:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800

madman34 is a n00b
here you go

go into pst (##77 and edit mode, choose data parms and there get rid of the #777. it will get an error message when an app tries to connect but it will stop it from being able to do it.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Sc0rpiomtl is a n00b
Have u just tried creating a dummy connection that would simply dial something else other than #777 and making it the default one ? i know i have used this little trick to stop my phone to data roam when going to states while still maintainnig phone capabilities. Also recently noticed that if you go to START> SETTINGS> CONNECTIONS> CONNECTIONS icon > ADVANCED> DIALING RULES and turn it on, #777 no longer works because the phone adds some stupidities in front of number to dial and makes data connection impossible.
hope this helps , works on my bell mobility 6800
take care
Old 02-12-2008, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

whbell is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaweb View Post
I dropped my data plan, but I cannot get Verizon to stop dialing out #777! I tried deleting the Verizon connection in my connection settings, and I've also changed the settings in my Network management to connect to "My Network" for both internet and private network. But the blasted old settings keep coming back every time I reboot the phone! So it still dials out to Verizon if there is no other connection available.

I am frustrated beyond belief! Is there anyone that knows how to permanently stop this phone from dialing #777 and having these leeches charge me for connecting to the network against my will?

Any assistance or suggestions is GREATLY appreciated!!!
I remember a long thread on the pdaphonehome.com site. Search in the i730 device forum. This was a year or more ago and most likely was for WM 5, but perhaps there is useful information there.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
The program HTC_CM_Guardian, that is linked in windows\startup, will "correct" your data parameters. Delete the link from windows\startup, soft reset, then make your changes, and they should stick.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Threadstarter

Lisaweb is a n00b
Re: How do I stop Verizon from dialing #777 ?

xcen > deGoogle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntyme View Post
The program HTC_CM_Guardian, that is linked in windows\startup, will "correct" your data parameters. Delete the link from windows\startup, soft reset, then make your changes, and they should stick.
Oh my, I just realized I forgot to come back and thank you! This worked perfectly!!! Thanks a million - and I do mean a million, as I am certain that's what the bill would eventually add up to. lol

Last edited by Lisaweb; 05-05-2008 at 11:05 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan