PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question about flashing roms and memory card issues

I have been reading so many posts about memory card issues when flashing the latest 6.1 roms. So I guess my question to everyone is do you flash a rom with your memory card still in the phone or do you take it out first. I am currently using dcds223 rom and I haven't had any problems whatsoever with the rom but over at xda's there are numerous issues with storage cards and it was even recommended to back up your storage card before flashing. Everytime I flash a rom I always remove my card, I don't know, just a thought I guess since I haven't been having any problems at all even when trying to duplicate those problems.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:41 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I have been reading so many posts about memory card issues when flashing the latest 6.1 roms. So I guess my question to everyone is do you flash a rom with your memory card still in the phone or do you take it out first. I am currently using dcds223 rom and I haven't had any problems whatsoever with the rom but over at xda's there are numerous issues with storage cards and it was even recommended to back up your storage card before flashing. Everytime I flash a rom I always remove my card, I don't know, just a thought I guess since I haven't been having any problems at all even when trying to duplicate those problems.
I take it out if I remember. Most times I forget. If I was told to back it up because of possible know problems wiping it clean I would remove it and back it up. Better to be safe then whining about it if you loose it. About the DcDs rom I think the problems are with installing cab files from it. That being said you can never be to careful.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsme420 View Post
I take it out if I remember. Most times I forget. If I was told to back it up because of possible know problems wiping it clean I would remove it and back it up. Better to be safe then whining about it if you loose it. About the DcDs rom I think the problems are with installing cab files from it. That being said you can never be to careful.
Well I guess I am one of the fortunate ones to not have any problems with any of the recent roms. But like you said better safe than sorry.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon

jrebeiro is becoming a great contributor
I install cab files from my memory card all the time. I just got my new XV6800 today and had to install about 30 cab's altogether... no issues at all with dcd_2.2.3

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan