PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

irollerboyi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul Lagging when sliding normal?

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum I've had my Mogul since Sept07 and hated it due to it being so laggy. I've learned to semi accept it since then. But I dont see anyone on here having that problem do I have a bad phone? Anyways

What happens is when I go make a call I will slide it open to dial/type and it will always lag to the point where it misses the first 2-3 keystrokes i make. is this nornal? is there any way I can fix this? Thats basically my only gripe about this phone.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

quantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by irollerboyi View Post
Hi guys! I'm new to the forum I've had my Mogul since Sept07 and hated it due to it being so laggy. I've learned to semi accept it since then. But I dont see anyone on here having that problem do I have a bad phone? Anyways

What happens is when I go make a call I will slide it open to dial/type and it will always lag to the point where it misses the first 2-3 keystrokes i make. is this nornal? is there any way I can fix this? Thats basically my only gripe about this phone.
I noticed the same thing when I was running the official carrier released roms. However, the newer versions, especially those with WM6.1 make that much, much better. The speed is alot better now.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Threadstarter

irollerboyi is a n00b
Well right now I'm using the newest Official ROM 2.17.651.0 Im kinda nervous to try the WM6.1 ROM 2.16.651. I dont have the time to to have my phone down for more then a day incase something goes wrong.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

quantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by irollerboyi View Post
Well right now I'm using the newest Official ROM 2.17.651.0 Im kinda nervous to try the WM6.1 ROM 2.16.651. I dont have the time to to have my phone down for more then a day incase something goes wrong.
I can understand the nervousness, but really it's a pretty straight forward process. You can check out the guide I put together. It really gives you all the steps necessary with links to the files you will need.
If nothing else though, you can look forward to when the official release does come out, because the way it looks right now - you will get better performance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan