PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 08:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

ppcboi318 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ppcboi318
Threaded sms from 6.1

I'm glad to see dcd, colonel and etc... are cranking out these new roms like crazy, but after hearing that you have to call verizon for the akey, which i had to do once already and don't feel like doing it again. I'm just wondering if someone has the cab for the new threaded sms that comes in wm6.1. That's all i really want i would just stick with the ported palm version, but i keep sending multiple text to people and no one has figured out how to solve that yet. So if anyone can help please let me know.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
i dont think anyone will be able to do it. Just like poutlook in wm6, its hard coded into the rom, so i think that the 6.1 threader is also hard coded into the rom. I could be wrong but weve all asked this question a million times, and none of us can seem to get an answer...but LOOK check this out, im about to try it now....

http://iwindowsmobile.com/contact-manager.html.

a couple people here have tried it and say it rocks. I think by the end of today this forum will be overran with people talking about this app
Old 02-05-2008, 10:28 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcboi318 View Post
I'm glad to see dcd, colonel and etc... are cranking out these new roms like crazy, but after hearing that you have to call verizon for the akey, which i had to do once already and don't feel like doing it again. I'm just wondering if someone has the cab for the new threaded sms that comes in wm6.1. That's all i really want i would just stick with the ported palm version, but i keep sending multiple text to people and no one has figured out how to solve that yet. So if anyone can help please let me know.
You could always do a google search for "cody threaded sms" or "Palm threaded sms". Im pretty sure Palm asked the Geeks to remove them from this site but if you google it you'll most likely find what your looking for.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

johnnychimpo is just getting started
fun contacts looks just like a fluffy version of contactscm IMO. 20$, is a bit steep for what it does imo.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsme420 View Post
You could always do a google search for "cody threaded sms" or "Palm threaded sms". Im pretty sure Palm asked the Geeks to remove them from this site but if you google it you'll most likely find what your looking for.

he's looking for the threader that came out of 6.1. I love codys app but id like to try the 6.1 app as well
Old 02-05-2008, 01:19 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
While it might be possible to pull the threaded sms out of 6.1, it would likely require you to pull out a lot of the core OS from 6.1 which would introduce its own issues. The way I look at it is porting all of pocket outlook out of the ROM. You will notice that no one ever ported pocket outlook out of WM6 to give WM5 users HTML email. I suspect the same challenges would be present here.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

ppcboi318 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ppcboi318
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsme420 View Post
i already have cody's just want to get the one from 6.1. Someone at xda told me you only have to call verizon if you upgrade the radio.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan