PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: ATT

vegasbomber is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wifi Issues, How to ENABLE thru REGISTRY.

Okay last i remember using my wifi was on my first 2.17 upgrade, pretty great stuff, got the WMWifiRouter and was constantly using it getting great speeds on my desktop. Also what i didnt know about it was i could have more than 1 connection. 1 laptop and 2 PPC, all online at the same time. but enough about the good stuff, now the bad. after upgrading to 3.16 i was sure my wifi was working, but i guess not, everytime i move the switch to the on position nothing happens. so i tried upgrading my CommManager to have a software switch to enable wifi but no luck. so i was like hey maybe i should downgrade, so i did "titan relocked" it then back to 2.17 and still same thing no wifi with switch on, everytime indicates off. but when using the CommManager's i ve downloaded ive tried on both versions still no luck.

i know for sure my wifi works though, while testing out those commmanagers i stubled upon one of the programs wrlsmgr.exe and tried enabling wifi on that, it worked for a brief seccond cuz it detected the wifi signals around me then instantly shut off. So i know for sure it works but the switch does not. right now the only thing im looking for is a registry hack to enable wifi. ive also read that most people would suggest to bring it into the sprint store since ive only had it for like a month, would that be the right thing to do? ive puchased this phone from amazon. but anyways. yeah any help would be apperciated. ive gone thru the registry changing 0 to 1s and what not. thanks again guys.

Last edited by vegasbomber; 02-05-2008 at 04:08 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: ATT
Threadstarter

vegasbomber is a n00b
what goes _ _ _ _ _ in the NIGHT!!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Lurker

vkewalra is a n00b
Well I think if you're using the 10 button comm manager you'll have to make an adjustment to a registry setting:
HKLM/Software/HTC/CommManager/WLAN/DeviceName
Go to the end of the string and replace whatever comes after \ with: "TNETW1251"
hopefully that works for you. If you forget that at some point you can find that string again in HKLM/Comm/
Old 02-05-2008, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

defultnoob is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to defultnoob
do any one know where i can get this WMWifiRouter the latest program i want to try it i downloaded v0.3 but i think thats the wrong version mabe cuz it wont work on my mogul it runs but i see no connection from my htc advantage or mabe there a step im not doing?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan