PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

iceblue is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iceblue Send a message via MSN to iceblue Send a message via Yahoo to iceblue
Alltell and PRL ? pore signal!

Hey everyone I am having very pore signal consistency and overall strength on my ppc-6800.

I am on WM6 with device unlocked running the HTC Cube software with touch flow and s2u2 and using the WM6 Internet sharing to tether. I have a hard time connecting and staying connected when tethering dialed into *777 but I think it is due to the signal dropping.

So I used the *228 to activate the phone again and then again to update the roaming so it re downloaded the PRL. But my signal is the same if not a tad bit worse. Should I still try and re update the PRL from http://www.the-answerman.com/sidlist/prl/index.asp
or should everything be fine since the phone re downland a PRL from the *228

according to alltell I am in dark blue EXCELLENT signal zone but I just cant get signal! The phone is brand new 5 days old maybe. I am very close to a small GOOD signal zone but no where near a no signal zone and I don't pick up full bars till im like 7mi further into town towards the tower location.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:19 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

iceblue is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to iceblue Send a message via MSN to iceblue Send a message via Yahoo to iceblue
Looks like alltell is just going to give me a new phone now. Yeah after I spend hrs upon hrs customizing the phone and hacks. Rediculas I know..
Old 01-31-2008, 06:15 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
I aplogize to the original OP for highjacking this thread but I didnt want to initiate another thread when this one already had "Alltel" and "PRL" in the title.

To anyone whom may know...

Is it possible to use another carriers PRL on your device? Example: Sprint or Verizon PRL on a Alltel device and vice versa?

I ask because Verizon and Sprint both have Rev. A in my area and although Sprint & Verizon have tower usage agreements with Alltel, I am getting at best a 429upload/97 download on Ev and I am curious if a Sprint/Verison PRL would enable Rev. A on my device. Just an idea...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan