PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Hellion is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stuck in the Tri-Color Screen after almost updating?

Ok, hopefully this will help some folks out when you do a search. Believe me I had my fill of trying to figure out all this ROM stuff and finally after about a week of trying I got it! Now this is just what I had to do to get this to work. And believe me I tried all different kinds of ways from here and XDA Forums..... here goes....

Ok so you try to Flash a ROM get a error at 4% or whatever. Try to reboot PPC and you get the dreaded tri color screen. First thing I did was download the Sprint ROM from http://www.america.htc.com/support/m...downloads.html. "Download Version 2.17.651.0" Then I reboot computer. With Mogul disconnected I did a hard reset just to the PPC really clear of any extra clutter I guess. It booted back to the stock tri color screen. Then I connected the Mogul to the computer, it made that ding that it connected. Then I just double clicked the ROM .exe (RUU) that I downloaded from the HTC site and followed the instructions on the screen prompts. Don't worry about the activesync connection. Hopefully everything went fine and the ROM installed. If it doesn't try it again from step one. It should work, but hey sometimes you just don't get it on the 1st or even 2nd try.
So your updated to 2.17 ROM now. Do a hard reset on your Mogul and let everything install once again. Now follow the instructions on the GPS ROM update thread and everything should be kool.

Simply put, from what I have learned is anytime you get stuck in any kind of bootloader and you need a ROM to flash back to, an Official one is what you gotta use. Most likely the latest official one as when I was having my troubles, I could not for jack update it to the 2.09 rom.

Also from the GPS ROM thread, ImCokeMan's instructions on how to load from microSD to me is the easiest if you have the required extra's to do it. (memory card reader)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan