PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

shapiror06 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to shapiror06
Really weird MMS problem (see screen shot)

Hey,
Take a look at this screen shot:

My MMS messages have been coming in like this ever since the phone was new out of the box. I took it back and they exchanged it for another, and it did the same thing! I find it funny that 2 of the exact same phones has the exact same problem. This is what it looks like if I try opening the message (here's a few different views):

I've spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon's tech support, and they cant figure it out. They have had me do a hard reset, and they have reset my messaging on the network, nothing is working. Has anyone ran into this before?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Randy
Old 01-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
what rom are you using? looks like you have more on your ppc than the origional basic rom. Id try flashing a basic rom and go from there

Old 01-24-2008, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have the original rom on my phone, 2.09. I just have Pointui installed on my phone, which is nothing more than a skin. I have only had that on or maybe a week, I have had the MMS problem well before this.

-Randy
Old 01-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Does this carry over after a hard-reset? Back up and try that if you have not. It almost looks like it is trying to display a font that doesnt exist on your phone. Maybe a different language font or something like that.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bushido1 is a n00b
Angry Any Luck?

I have the same problem with my phone. I recently upgraded my rom to 2.14.671.3(Alltel) from HTC's website. I haven't tried a hard reset, bcause Activesync jasnt worked on my computer for about four months now.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Almost a VIP

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
You do not need activesync to hard-reset. if you can "find" a cab of sprite back up you can do the back up without activesync too.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
Does this carry over after a hard-reset? Back up and try that if you have not. It almost looks like it is trying to display a font that doesnt exist on your phone. Maybe a different language font or something like that.
It does still happen after a hard reset. BTW, hard resets are a pain with this phone on Verizon's network. It erases a few security keys and you have to get tech support on the phone to generate new codes for you. I cant remember which codes exactly they are, but I had to go into the phone and dial something like #2244 or something and input the new security keys.

And no, it's not that the messages are in a different language. I have seen the same exact message that was sent ot me displayed on other's phones. If you look closely at the first screen shot, the only thing that is scrambled with odd characters is the sender's address. The subject line appears fine, but the sender doesn't.

Also, if you look at the last screen shot, the Send/Receive option IS available. I told Verizon's tech support this, and he said that should not be available to the user. He said all messaging is push enabled, meaning that when you get a message, it is automatically downloaded to the phone. This is not the case with my phone as you can see, and this is my SECOND phone with the same problem. Personally I think it's a glitch in the software Verizon overlooked before releasing the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido1 View Post
I have the same problem with my phone. I recently upgraded my rom to 2.14.671.3(Alltel) from HTC's website. I haven't tried a hard reset, bcause Activesync jasnt worked on my computer for about four months now.
Im waiting for Verizon to approve the ROM upgrade. I talked to the tech at my local Verizon store (not those stupid kiosks in the mall) and he said Verizon always takes a few months longer than all the other carriers to approve the new softwares. I guess that's the downside to having a good network.

-Randy
Old 01-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Almost a VIP

Does it do it across different SMS programs (Threaded, PocketCM etc)?
Old 01-24-2008, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
Does it do it across different SMS programs (Threaded, PocketCM etc)?
Weird you should ask, I was just about to search for a threaded SMS program. What do you recommend that is free and good? Also one that incorporates MMS messages.

BTW, I do not have the problem with text messages, just media messages.

-Randy
Old 01-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Almost a VIP

Hmmm... THats odd I guess I was reading your initial wrong and thought you meant SMS not MMS (Duh... I am a sprint user so I am not sure about the mms thing. We have to load a program to even be able to send MMS. I dont know if its the same program that VZ users get or not but you could try loading that maybe. I am sure some smart person on here would be able to say if it works or not. It may need to be configured for VZ or something. I dont think the threaded sms will handle mms but I might be wrong. I dont use it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan