PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel ppc6800
Carrier: Alltell

t0ad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
unresponsive after a few hours - lemon or ??

Just got an Alltel branded ppc6800. Too often tho, it does not wake up. If it powers down/sleeps for more than a couple of hours, it becomes completely unresponsive. No combination of keys will turn it back on. The green light just flashes. The only way to fix is to yank the battery. It has done this 3 times in 2 days. I have read here some about memory leaks but I haven't really installed any programs yet and I have tried making sure all programs are closed out in task manager - still does it.
Is this normal or did I get a lemon??

Also, is there a way to better control the way the wifi automatically connects? Sometimes it passes up my WPA network in favor of my neighbor's wide open AP. I see there are a few apps for wifi but which to chose? Grr! I hate guessing whether I am on a secure connection or not.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:02 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Does a soft reset bring it back to life?
Old 01-23-2008, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TardoPro
Carrier: Boost

yakky is a n00b
Sounds a lot like the 1.47 radio/roam issue that the sprint phones have. Do you pop in and out of roaming areas when this happens?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan