PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: spring

lysolflow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upping MOGUL memory !?!

i bought my mogul in september, and it came with 47 mb of program memory, and about half of it was being used before i even did anything...

for christmas, i bought my brother a Touch, and his had twice as much program memory as i did... and his phone as much, much faster... i was extra pissed cuz i try to use my phone to the fullest extent... using word and excel and the internet... and if i had any memory close to his, i'd be chillin...

i've downloaded the registry performance tweaks and all that to make my phone go faster... but there's no way that 47 mb will do the job like 110 mb... is there any way that this program memory can be boosted up... or will it remain like this forever... and if i happen to get another mogul a year from now, will it have the same program memory?...

and another thing... everybody is so excited about this new upgrade... gps and rev a sounds nice, but i dont really hear people too excited about sprint tv... or gettin a im program that aint downloaded from some weak ass site... i've used palringo, octrotalk, sling, and all that otha stuff... but it aint no adequate substitute for the OZ client that everybody else gets...

people tend to say that the mogul is "the most powerful phone and sprint didn't put enough on it and they got it right wit the touch"... how is it so "powerful" if it has insufficient memory and cant do anything that people want it to do...

MY DREAM PHONE IS ALL THE PHONE THAT "IS" THE TOUCH WIT A REAL KEYBOARD UNDER IT...
Old 01-20-2008, 08:19 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysolflow View Post
i bought my mogul in september, and it came with 47 mb of program memory, and about half of it was being used before i even did anything...

for christmas, i bought my brother a Touch, and his had twice as much program memory as i did... and his phone as much, much faster... i was extra pissed cuz i try to use my phone to the fullest extent... using word and excel and the internet... and if i had any memory close to his, i'd be chillin...

i've downloaded the registry performance tweaks and all that to make my phone go faster... but there's no way that 47 mb will do the job like 110 mb... is there any way that this program memory can be boosted up... or will it remain like this forever... and if i happen to get another mogul a year from now, will it have the same program memory?...

and another thing... everybody is so excited about this new upgrade... gps and rev a sounds nice, but i dont really hear people too excited about sprint tv... or gettin a im program that aint downloaded from some weak ass site... i've used palringo, octrotalk, sling, and all that otha stuff... but it aint no adequate substitute for the OZ client that everybody else gets...

people tend to say that the mogul is "the most powerful phone and sprint didn't put enough on it and they got it right wit the touch"... how is it so "powerful" if it has insufficient memory and cant do anything that people want it to do...

MY DREAM PHONE IS ALL THE PHONE THAT "IS" THE TOUCH WIT A REAL KEYBOARD UNDER IT...
no the program memory cannot be upgraded, or atleast noone has figured out how....im pretty sure this new update will not include sprint tv....ur dream phone sounds alot like the touch dual.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
Considering how low on the support end of the stick the Mogul appears to be right now, I wouldn't hold your breath even if it is possible.

It wouldn't be cost effective or popular enough so I would be surprised if anyone even tried to take this up.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lysolflow is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
no the program memory cannot be upgraded, or atleast noone has figured out how....im pretty sure this new update will not include sprint tv....ur dream phone sounds alot like the touch dual.

what is a touch dual?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:20 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
what is a touch dual?
its the touch but it has a slide out keyboard on it..google it.

Last edited by dwizzy130; 01-21-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lysolflow is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
its the touch but it has a slide out qwerty keyboard on it..google it.
man... that phone looks extra weak... i want a FULL qwerty keypad... not some shit wit two letters per button... and i'm wit sprint... you know what i need...

A SPRINT VOYAGER!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jbbosu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jbbosu Send a message via MSN to jbbosu
Quote:
man... that phone looks extra weak... i want a FULL qwerty keypad... not some shit wit two letters per button... and i'm wit sprint... you know what i need...

A SPRINT VOYAGER!!!
I don't think the voyager is WM6 or anything like that tho...
Old 01-20-2008, 10:01 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
The Voyager is a multimedia phone and is in no way equipped to handle the functions/applications of even the weakest Mogul...the Voyager is not even a smartphone.

All of us Mogul/P4000/PPC6800/XV6800 users are in the same boat; ram is un-upgradeable and future revisions/updates to further utilize the currently installed ram to better efficiency is slim-to-none.

With this in mind you have (3) options:

1. Install a application with true-close functions for programs and minimize the number of apps running at one time...
2. Make a LATERAL (IMO) move to the HTC Touch or Dual...
3. Downgrade a bit to a multimedia device like the Voyager, etc...

Here is a link to a thread that has alot of imformation and commentary pertaining to 6800 ram...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=350002

Last edited by xweaponx; 01-20-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
Another option is to find apps that use less memory in general.

There are better options than things like WMPlayer.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:33 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by papped View Post
Another option is to find apps that use less memory in general.

There are better options than things like WMPlayer.
Alternatives to WMP are MortPlayer and HTC Audio Manager. I have all (3) and use each one for different things but HTC AM uses less memory than all three.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan