PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 12:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nebel777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to nebel777
Water Damage..Not that bad??? Need help getting CONTACTS

Hey guys I've got the HTC titan...It was near a spill of soda but was not submerged or anything in it. It turns on and goes to the home screen, but my touch screen is not working nor are the the windows buttons...I took it to the sprint store and they said that it had water damage and nothing could be done...I don't believe them...I think that if I just change out the screen (meaning the whole top half of the phone) I that I could get my phone to work again. Really it still works..like when someone calls it still shows that they are calling...I'm just not able to answer it because the answer phone button doesn't work right now nor does the screen tap work. TO BE HONEST I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE PHONE I REALLY JUST WANT MY PHONE NUMBERS OUT OF THEIR...When i hook it up to sync it to my computer a red LED appears and the screen turns off. If anyone could tell me how to disassemble this phone it would greatly help my conquest. I realize there are 4 screws on the back and 2 on the upper/screen portion of the phone. But when i try to take it apart it is pretty tight. I don't want to break it. Just want ot see if there's corrosion or something. ANYONE know anything bout this. I appreciate it. Willing to reward if someone can help.
NEBEL777@yahoo.com
Old 01-16-2008, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

halcyoncmdr is a n00b
Chances are you will not be able to get your contacts out of the phone. If you cannot get it to transfer through a sync, then the phonebook swapping system probably won't be able to get them out either.

The system uses IR to send the transfer siftware to the phone, then you have to start the software to get the IR system working and transferring. If the screen won't work, then the phone swap system won't work. And since you've already tried a sync without luck, you probably are out of luck. I'd say your only bet would be to make sure you take the battery out and let it dry thouroughly. Maybe put it in a jar of rice or silica gel to try and get all of the moisture out.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:40 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
Chances are you will not be able to get your contacts out of the phone. If you cannot get it to transfer through a sync, then the phonebook swapping system probably won't be able to get them out either.

The system uses IR to send the transfer siftware to the phone, then you have to start the software to get the IR system working and transferring. If the screen won't work, then the phone swap system won't work. And since you've already tried a sync without luck, you probably are out of luck. I'd say your only bet would be to make sure you take the battery out and let it dry thouroughly. Maybe put it in a jar of rice or silica gel to try and get all of the moisture out.

I dont know if you have tried this but slide out the keyboard. You should be able to use the buttons on the keyboard to navigate the menus. So the Store should be able to load the software. You could also look for a program like Sprite to backup your numbers Hope this helps!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MOT ic902 temoporarily, but Mogul Permanantly

TrueArsenic is a n00b
Or try SBP Backup.. that might work if your keyboard would work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan