PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 03:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: MOGUL 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

KEYPPC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why Does The Ppc Only Show 1 Vm Msg??

Does anyone know a fix/hack for the Pocket PC as to where it will actually show the true number of voicemail msgs. u really have instead of just always show "1"???
Old 01-14-2008, 08:17 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Are you on Sprint? If so, there is no fix as that's the way Sprint's system is setup. Whether you have 50 voicemails or just 1 it will only show 1.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
Are you on Sprint? If so, there is no fix as that's the way Sprint's system is setup. Whether you have 50 voicemails or just 1 it will only show 1.
Yeah i find that kinda dumb, defeats the purpose of it.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon xv6700

christinme7890 is a n00b
sprint and verizon are going to be the same. It shows one because the only information the phone gets from the voicemail server is whether or not there is an unheard voicemail (1 means yes and 0 means no). It doesn't know how many unheard messages there are or anything else. Don't believe that there is a hack or patch or anything to fix this.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: MOGUL 6800
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

KEYPPC is a n00b
WOWWW As much as these phones can do it can't determine vm's...sucks...thanks u all...
Old 01-14-2008, 03:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

ikon is a n00b
Stoopid Sprint

No matter how smart your phone is, if Sprint only gives it basic info it can't do much. GIGO (Garbage in, Garbage out)
Old 01-14-2008, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

bmtbandit is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bmtbandit Send a message via Skype™ to bmtbandit
Verizon shows 1, 2, 3 ... depending on the number of VMS.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Sprint's definitely behind on this. Hopefully the iPhone forces them and other providers to change the game.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
What does the Iphone have to do with this issue, it does't show how many vm u have, it downloads them to the phone, no other carries do this..
Old 01-14-2008, 09:30 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy View Post
What does the Iphone have to do with this issue, it does't show how many vm u have, it downloads them to the phone, no other carries do this..
Heck, $50K pbx systems still can't do this. I keep pestering my IT department (in Bangalore, now - sigh) that it would really be spiffy if I could get the office pbx to email me my voice mail (you know, as an attachment) when someone calls that ancient, outdated hunk of plastic on my desk at works and leaves me a message.

Fortunately, my total unwillingness to navigate through the IVR system has negatively reinforced that behavior, so now people don't bother leaving a message most times

Oh, yeah, and on topic. Sprint gives you the count they have. They have 1 bit allocated to the voice mail count. So they can count to 1 before it wraps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan