PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xclusiv_1
Talking on the phone and browsing the internet at the same time

so I was on hold last night with sprint customer care, listening to their horrible hold music, and I decided to try and surf the net @ the same time. so I turned on my wifi and BOOM, it worked!!! so then I logged on to ppcgeeks.com (one of the best sights known to mankind) and it loaded right up and I was still on hold with cust. care... I thought i'd share this info with everyone (if you didn't already know). I honestly believe this is another perk with this phone, I tried it when I had my 6700 and it didn't work. but amazingly it does on the 6800.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
Wink

It's been known for quite a while, and it is truly a great feature.
One of the downsides on this phone though is that if you are talking on a BT headset (which already suffers with poor voice quality on this phone), and are surfing via WiFi, the BT is degraded even more because the BT and WiFi share the same antenna.

Now if they could just make it work like the GSM/GPRS carriers and we'd be able to have a voice and data connection at the same time.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work
Yeah, but that would mean having to switch to an inferior network! Not a good trade in my opinion!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaMan View Post
Yeah, but that would mean having to switch to an inferior network! Not a good trade in my opinion!
I wouldn't want to switch to the inferior network either, but it'd be cool if the feature was available on CDMA networks.

I'd never want to drop down to GPRS speeds or the spotty service that GSM networks have in my region.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
strange, this worked on my 6700 as well...
Old 01-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor
6700 has wifi too
never thought of using both of those
i think it's because when i try to shut off my phone, it also kills the wifi
am i doing something wrong? or is it possible to use it as a wifi enabled pda?
Old 01-14-2008, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850

JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmohtac View Post
I wouldn't want to switch to the inferior network either, but it'd be cool if the feature was available on CDMA networks.

I'd never want to drop down to GPRS speeds or the spotty service that GSM networks have in my region.
Not necessarily. Isn't Rev A. technology supposed to allow voice and data at the same time?
Old 01-14-2008, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
No. Gsm networks i.e. AT&T have that ability. Basically Rev. A only improves throughput.

"-- up to 3.1 Mbps peak down and 1.8 Mbps up -- and Sprint says it will roll the service out by the end of the year, with its entire EV-DO network running the new technology by Q3 2007"

That was taken from an article online. So no, no simultaneous voice and data through cell line.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:39 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
EVDO still means DATA ONLY. When you start seeing EVDV, then you'll have both voice and data, since DV means DATA/VOICE
Sometimes these acronyms actually tell you important information
Old 01-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev A
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev A is a third-generation (3G) broadband wireless packet data technology that will provide the foundation for next-generation, IP-based, broadband wireless voice and data networks. EV-DO Rev A extends the capabilities of EV-DO networks by increasing connection speeds to 3.1 Mbps and providing the technology to support real-time voice, video and multimedia applications.

So in theory it could do Voice and Data, but I don't think Sprint has it setup that way. EV-DV was scrapped a while ago in favor of further evdo revisions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan