PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

calisoldier83 is keeping up the good workcalisoldier83 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DCD ROM + radio 1.40 just got mogul yesturday first thoughts.

My mogul came with the standard flash and radio. I started calling *2 to get some support with a billing issue and the calls kept dropping with the old radio. I then hung up after getting droppped 3 times. Unlocked the phone, installed dcd, and put radio 1.40 on it. I was able to make calls after without getting disconnected every cuple of minutes. I still haven't done a hard reset since I put dcd and the new radio on.

At my appartment it keeps switching from EVDO, 1x, and roaming. When I make a call it automatically switches to 1x (is that normal?). Then it will start roaming in the middle of the call. If I'm lucky it will hold the signal.

My current question is do I need to hard reset? Second do PRL updates matter anymore? Third has anyone else had switching from evdo, 1x, and roaming on the 1.40, and if so whats the best solution for that? LASTLY, I installed the HTC home + custom, HTX X-button, livesearch, and Touchpal. If I hard reset will these disapeer? Please advise to a newb member of the community!

Last edited by calisoldier83; 01-10-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:00 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisoldier83 View Post
My mogul came with the standard flash and radio. I started calling *2 to get some support with a billing issue and the calls kept dropping with the old radio. I then hung up after getting droppped 3 times. Unlocked the phone, installed dcd, and put radio 1.40 on it. I was able to make calls after without getting disconnected every cuple of minutes. I still haven't done a hard reset since I put dcd and the new radio on. At my appartment it keeps switching from EVDO, 1x, and roaming. When I make a call it automatically switches to 1x (is that normal?). Then it will start roaming in the middle of the call. If I'm lucky it will hold the signal. My current question is do I need to hard reset? Second do PRL updates matter anymore? Third has anyone else had switching from evdo, 1x, and roaming on the 1.40, and if so whats the best solution for that? LASTLY, I installed the HTC home + custom, HTX X-button, livesearch, and Touchpal. If I hard reset will these disapeer? Please advise to a newb member of the community!

1. You can try a hard reset...
2. PRL (Preferred Roaming List) DOES matter. This updates the list of towers nationwide and lessens the chances of roaming...
3. I personally have EV ALL the time...even if my roaming indicator comes on (which I just ignore)
4. If you perform a hard reset, you WILL lose any applications saved to your phone since last rom install/hard reset.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

calisoldier83 is keeping up the good workcalisoldier83 is keeping up the good work
Ok I read that the PRL 60611 might be the culprit since its supposedly for radio 4.17, so I guess I'll try downgrading first.

If I could get a steady signal I'd be really happy.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

60610 helped my issue! remarkable ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan