PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC at CES

I write for a gaming magazine and got some press passes for CES. I was invited to the Digital Experience last night at Caesars and stopped at the HTC booth. They had the Mogul on display of course and the Tilt, Touch, and others.

One of the reps came up to me and asked me if I had any questions so being a Mogul owner, I showed him the phone and he thanked me for the business. Anyways I asked about the rumored Rev A and GPS and he knew what I was talking about but wouldn't commit to telling me a date. He said it won't be next week but wasn't going to say when. I asked is it stand alone or A-GPS and he said A-GPS.

I also asked him about how the bluetooth issues, memory leaks, and he apologized for not being helpful on those two subjects but he did say that in the next update they are adding a better task manager. I'm assuming it's the HTC X-Button but I didn't delve into it any further.

He was really excited about Android though and he talked about that a lot. Products coming he says in the Fall and I asked him about flashing an older device with Android.

At the end i told him I wished the Mogul had more memory. He nodded and said they are commited to making the best devices possible. I thanked him and left
Old 01-07-2008, 11:28 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Even though the Titan/Mogul is limited in hardware and inevitably only so much can be squeezed out of it, the next model in the 6600/6700/6800 lineup (I presume the 6900) will be even better. I believe HTC has felt the influencial impact that forums such as PPCGeeks & XDA offer and have heard the battlefield crys; the result which hopefully will include public beta testing, delivered-as-promised upgrades/revisions and increased hardware capacity.

You didn't happen to snap any photos while you were there did you? Did you see any future demo units?

Old 01-07-2008, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff
No future products and the only thing they had were their phones which we saw and some of those mini hand held computers. If I see more on the show floor i'll snap some photos and post them.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:09 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xweaponx View Post
Even though the Titan/Mogul is limited in hardware and inevitably only so much can be squeezed out of it, the next model in the 6600/6700/6800 lineup (I presume the 6900) will be even better. I believe HTC has felt the influencial impact that forums such as PPCGeeks & XDA offer and have heard the battlefield crys; the result which hopefully will include public beta testing, delivered-as-promised upgrades/revisions and increased hardware capacity.

You didn't happen to snap any photos while you were there did you? Did you see any future demo units?
Actually, the Sprint Touch is identified as the HTC 6900. Don't ask me why, I know they are different, etc. etc.

I'm just relaying what I've seen...

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool. I'm sure a lot of that was typical customer relations talk but it's great that you got to talk to them and could pass along the info. It's been ages since I went to any trade show (and the last one I did wasn't a tech one). It's fun to meet and greet with the people who make the devices we love to geek out on.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started
Sounds like they were kinda dodging the questions about the Mogul's issues... but anyways. Im going to laugh so hard if all they do put in as a "better task manager" is X-Button...

All in all, HTC is a great company, They just need to stop letting carriers sully their good name with poorly thought out handset designs...
Old 01-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP

aughsum is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by xweaponx View Post

no.. if they were influenced by our gripes then the mogul would have been more than a 6700 in a prettier case.
RAZR2 - secondary
_______
HTC Mogul
HTC Apache
a900 -secondary
Motorola i870
Morotola i830
REM Blackberry 6200
REM Blackberry 7100
Motorola i860
Motorola i830
Motorola i730
LG vx6000
Old 01-07-2008, 03:31 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Since the days of the 6700 and some earlier devices, I think these sites have gained a larger audience and more reputable status for hardcore testing, cooking, modification, public education, etc. And I am absolutely sure that word has reached HTC's ear about Mogul consumers even attempting to increase memory on their own accord (remember what happened to the the Xbox?)

At that point at company must really begin to pay attention and tune in...
afterall, it's all bout the profit marginsand it really doesnt benefit a company when the consumers are taking upon themselves to "create" a device out of their own product when they could captialize on it themselves.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
but, first...

they have to change the name of the company again.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
What an honor! It is my dream to go to CES!

Not to thread jack, but did you get to watch Bill Gates' goodbye?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan