PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 12:21 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Data Icon always shows active connection

I think it happened when I installed the newest version of SPB Pocket Plus. Now, every time the data connection is made the icon never greys out when it is inactive. I have SPB GPRS Monitor, too, so I can see that it is not active.

I don't want to uninstall Pocket Plus because I had so many problems installing it. I have my phone almost perfect, I would just like to know by looking at the icon when the connection is innactive.

I guess what I'd like to know is if there is a registery setting I could check or adjust to fix this?

Thanks
Old 01-07-2008, 12:59 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
It may be just a pet peeve...

but what is wrong with the icons never returning to gray?

Old 01-07-2008, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

cuse94 is a n00b
I have had Pocket Plus installed for months and it hasn't caused me any problems.
Yesterday I noticed that my arrows were staying "lit" constantly as well. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the data connection and a couple of soft resets. Kept happening. Then last night I looked and they were gray and acting normal again. Still normal this morning. Maybe it was a network thing.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Do you have a dialer skin installed? Some of the earlier skins out there don't have the functionality of gerying the arrows when the connection is inactive.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 01-07-2008, 12:48 PM
you know ...
Threadstarter

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Yes, it is just a pet peeve. I won't be uninstalling programs to fix it or anything. I will check the dialer skin thing though --- thanks for all of the answers!
Old 01-07-2008, 12:55 PM
you know ...
Threadstarter

It was the dialer skin ... tested connection and icons didn't grey ... removed skin, soft reset and tested connnection again ... grey icons! All feex.

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan