PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SCI to ZERO

I set my SCI to 0 also and after a week I believe my battery life is actually about 20% better, this is after consciously keeping track of when I removed from charger, what usage I had for the day, and even noting when in poor reception areas.

And after repeated testing I'd say my phone rings within 2 seconds of hearing it ring from the caling phone (before it was much longer, usually going to VM after 1-2 rings on my end).

Forget setting '1' go for the gusto and try it yourself, at worst case you can change back easily.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rdzlyz is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsall_cooool View Post
I set my SCI to 0 also and after a week I believe my battery life is actually about 20% better, this is after consciously keeping track of when I removed from charger, what usage I had for the day, and even noting when in poor reception areas.

And after repeated testing I'd say my phone rings within 2 seconds of hearing it ring from the caling phone (before it was much longer, usually going to VM after 1-2 rings on my end).

Forget setting '1' go for the gusto and try it yourself, at worst case you can change back easily.
yea seems like putting on SCI 0 helps it a little bit
Old 01-02-2008, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

ViPaDawG is just getting started
could just be a signal thing. I think sprint finally made the tower they were building in my area live, as now I get 2-3 bars of EVDO consistently, and 5-6 of 1X, and all my other dumbphone have vastly improved signal (0-2 to now 4-Max) and although I'm not sure they are displaying EVDO or 1X, I haven't missed any calls/texts since. Although it COULD just be that I got a replacement Mogul, so I'm not entirely sure yet. My SCI is still at 1.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rdzlyz is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPaDawG View Post
could just be a signal thing. I think sprint finally made the tower they were building in my area live, as now I get 2-3 bars of EVDO consistently, and 5-6 of 1X, and all my other dumbphone have vastly improved signal (0-2 to now 4-Max) and although I'm not sure they are displaying EVDO or 1X, I haven't missed any calls/texts since. Although it COULD just be that I got a replacement Mogul, so I'm not entirely sure yet. My SCI is still at 1.
you got it replaced from the sprint repair center?
Old 01-02-2008, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

no, unfortunately i dont have time during the day to goto a sprint store when it is open. i tried the online replacement, however they were out of inventory, so i emailed ecare, and fortunately they took care of it for me.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rdzlyz is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPaDawG View Post
no, unfortunately i dont have time during the day to goto a sprint store when it is open. i tried the online replacement, however they were out of inventory, so i emailed ecare, and fortunately they took care of it for me.
how did u do it online
Old 01-03-2008, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

goto find a store at sprint.com, search for a sprint repair center (my zip is 20120) and then under the map it should say something like "want to do it from your home or office, click here"

click that, and then you should be good to go, just make sure you read over all the stuff given.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LOOX 720

Mordecai is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
i dont care what anyone says. these ppc all have a pda first, phone second problem.
See now I find that statement really amusing because I keep complaining that the pda phones have the problem of being too phone like. There aren't many pda phones I've seen that can hold a candle to the pocket pc I currently have and it is four years old now. I rarely use my cell phone, but I do need to have it, and I do need to carry one with me most of the time. I just about always carry my pocket pc, and I've wanted to consolidate them for a while, but I hate the fact that I'd have to sacrifice screen size, storage and speed to do so.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan