PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint

chokey154 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PPC 6800 Wifi not detecting networks

So this problem first started when I installed JD's latest Rom. Everything was fine until I tried WMRouter ( I couldn't get it work). After messing around with it, I gave up and tried to connect to my home router. It worked for a while until i reset the device. I couldn't get any network to appear. I removed all the settings, but that didn't work. I tried a Hard reset and that did not work as well. I uploaded a Different ROM (Colonels) and that did not detect the network as well. I got so frustrated that i started hitting the Wifi switch on and off and then BAM! I found all the networks around my apartment, To my surprise There was an Ad-hoc network listed from WMRouter which i previously removed! I removed it again and when it refreshed the network, it stopped detecting the networks.

I tried a hard reset after flashing to a stock Rom ( even tried both 1.40 and 1.47.01 Radios to see if that would make a difference) to wipe everything clean, but still nothing. I am out of Ideas right now, I don't know what else it could be, and having the WMRouter Ad-hoc connection listed even after i removed the connection and changed Roms leads me to believe the program had something to do with it. I figured hard resetting after a stock ROM flash would fix the issue, but nothing. When I turn the hardware switch on, it shows the device on, but no networks are found. Any Idea's? might be time for me to send in my mogul. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Well I tried everything and I couldn't figure out the problem. (I still think its a software issue) I already switched back to the default SPL and an Original Sprint ROM. I'm going to the sprint store on the 26th to see if they can switch it out for another (maybe a Touch ) one. This thread can now be closed.

Last edited by chokey154; 12-25-2007 at 12:00 AM. Reason: thread closure
Old 02-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

SlamDance is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
yeah this issue sucks. I've got it going with mine too. dcd 1.6.10

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan