PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850
Carrier: Sprint

divedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
google maps hoses phone?

Anyone else have this experience? Running stock 2.17 from Sprint, no bloatware, SPB today plugin, install google maps and phone does not wake to take calls, when the device is manually powered back on it shows missed calls! Uninstall google maps everything back to normal! This sucks I like google maps, maybe a problem with it trying to access GPS on the device?
Old 12-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I was having this problem after 2.17 but did a hard reset and I get all my calls now and I am running google maps.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

divedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivedr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I did the hard reset after the flash too but with google maps installed the calls just don't come through. Uninstall google maps and all is fine, can't figure this one out!
Old 12-17-2007, 03:04 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Is your location turned on on your phone and are you trying to enable the GPS feature of Google Maps too? I believe tha the GPS faeture wil work on certain phones that have built-in hardware & software. The Mogul doesnt have a GPS tranceiver. Try installing GM again, make sure location is set to "on" and see if GM will work without accessing GPS at all first.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Location is on, google maps works for directions no GPS functionality though. I believe Sprint will be giving us this as promised in the next ROM update. Google maps still hoses my phone though, once the screen is powered down the phone does not wake for incoming calls, text etc...
Old 12-17-2007, 05:43 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
What version of Google Maps do you have? 2.0 just came out. Try the other version of what you have; either 2.0 or the one before it.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have version 2.0, was thinking to try to install directly to the device rather than the card to see if that makes a difference.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
You didnt happen to change over the Preferred Network setting to HDR only did you? I did this and I only could make calls and receive texts, but couldnt receive calls at all.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Windows Live Search is better, you should try the newest version. I haven't used google maps since. Also, installing it to a storage card is more than likely going to be the culprit. The only apps I install to the SD card are games, and I always close them down when I am done playing them anyway. Otherwise, if the device goes into it's deep suspend stage with open apps on the SD card, it is going to crash.

Last edited by robmayer; 12-17-2007 at 09:59 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan